Messaging + Skype Battery Drain

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 650 is draining battering VERY fast. The battery sense app says 65% of the drain is being caused by the Messaging + Skype app. I've seen a bunch of posts saying to try "unlinking skype", but I don't even see that as an option under Messaging settings.

Can you still unlink Skype? If so, how do you do it? (I'm not on an insider build)

Any other suggestions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 650 is draining battering VERY fast. The battery sense app says 65% of the drain is being caused by the Messaging + Skype app. I've seen a bunch of posts saying to try "unlinking skype", but I don't even see that as an option under Messaging settings.

Can you still unlink Skype? If so, how do you do it? (I'm not on an insider build)

Any other suggestions?

go the messaging app, tap the 3 dots, skype setup and check for option to unlink skype
Also, sign out of skype

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The unlink function was gone, for me, in .420, and still gone in .456.
I know, because I had the horrible "Skype Video turns itself back on and sucks your battery dry" issue, and went nuts, trying to find the "Unlink" setting.
I think it got replaced with just simply an autonomous "sign out".

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The unlink function was gone, for me, in .420, and still gone in .456.
I know, because I had the horrible "Skype Video turns itself back on and sucks your battery dry" issue, and went nuts, trying to find the "Unlink" setting.
I think it got replaced with just simply an autonomous "sign out".

Simply open Skype Video and log out. Then , exit, go to Phone Settings -> Background apps, and disable it

It doesn't exist any unlik setting

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Simply open Skype Video and log out. Then , exit, go to Phone Settings -> Background apps, and disable it

It doesn't exist any unlik setting

Yep, agreed, if you happen to notice the Skype call that came in, you can disable it, from background processing.
You also need to go "sign out" of the app, in Messaging->Settings, at least on .420, to prevent the drain.
If you didn't notice it though, say you weren't watching your phone, it can re-enable, and you might miss a notification, and it REALLY drains the battery fast.
Kind of a bummer, it's definitely a bug in my book, if I disable it, don't accept those calls, period.

theharold

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I can't even sign out, because when I click "Skype Settings" from the menu it always gives me an error:
"Oops! Skype is currently unavailable." And it has error code 0x800706BA.

Anyone else have this?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I can't even sign out, because when I click "Skype Settings" from the menu it always gives me an error:
"Oops! Skype is currently unavailable." And it has error code 0x800706BA.

Anyone else have this?

Merged kype + messages was dismissed months ago. Update your o.s. phone via settings and core apps by store

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes