Battery percentage

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing, since moving from 8.1.
It's not a bad way to do it, but it's one more swipe, after unlocking, or whatever. I wish MS would fix whatever the issue is with having a tile update; 15 minutes would be great, anything for at-a-glance-percentage.
I finally uninstalled my "Battery" app, which had been so dependable, on .318, since it was often saying things like 47%, when it was 100% for several hours, and sometimes 99%, when it was down say at 38%. Yes, I had it background enabled, just like on 8.1, but it never seemed to get a time-slice, unless I opened, or maybe once or twice a day, otherwise. Sometimes it would sit, same number, all day long.
I think it's all my math/CS/physics background, something like "it's somewhere between 1/2-maybe-3/4" bugs me. It's good for a fast glance, but annoying otherwise, IMHO ;-]

The Glance suggestion is nice. All the rest explains yourself how some 3rd part apps are so unrielable

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For those who need to see the percentage, how about just checking the top bar for the battery %? Just swipe down, take note and swipe back up/lock screen

This is the easiest way to check battery. And it makes for less clutter. I think they designed the battery without the percentage there as to reduce clutter and make things look cleaner. Makes sense to me.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the easiest way to check battery. And it makes for less clutter. I think they designed the battery without the percentage there as to reduce clutter and make things look cleaner. Makes sense to me.

Agreed, 100%, it's a GREAT way to do exactly this!

Except we're about choice (hopefully anyway), and having a live-time (semi-live anyway) is a choice that I want to make, not have dictated by a new feature that works for some.
I'm fine with the new feature, it's well-implemented and thought-out, everything about it is cool. Except that I want my live tile too ;-]

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Being a Tech PM (and former Dev), I really like use-cases:
Say I'm out on a ride, have put in 30mi, and looping back home will give me 40, but I'm sitting at an intersection, debating about an extra loop, that will add a nice 20mi, and has a good 1500' climb. But, the weather is looking pretty threatening (as it often does in the greater Seattle area).
I whip out my 950XL, and unlock it. I want to check the radar, and possibly the radar loop, depending on my battery. What I want to do, is unlock my phone, see that I have >50% battery, and if so, check the loop, but if not, just the single-screen radar (1 vs 7 screens of data load). I want to also be able to go immediately from the unlock, to my pinned radar, either single or looped. Instead, as it stands, I have to do one more swipe down, to see if that battery indicator means 47 or 60%, maybe you can tell from the icon, it's tricky.
While I agree it's not a big burden to have to do the swipe, eventually (I actually do this scenario quite a bit, more or less) it gets pretty annoying, whereas if I had a 15-minute-accurate live tile, well I'd know as soon as I unlocked, which pinned tile to use...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss