11-06-2016 03:03 AM
26 12
tools
    Add battery percentage on top bar and lock screen.
    06-29-2016 10:04 AM
    Add battery percentage on top bar and lock screen.
    you can suggest that in the feedback app/hub
    Maurizio Troso and TechFreak1 like this.
    06-29-2016 10:09 AM
    I did already.
    06-29-2016 10:42 AM
    I did already.
    You can add a % tile via free 3rd part app
    06-29-2016 11:11 AM
    Yea but that live tile don't show right percentage.
    06-29-2016 12:03 PM
    Yea but that live tile don't show right percentage.
    It's due to security closed o.s., % updates every 15 mins for all batt apps
    06-29-2016 12:16 PM
    Yea I noticed that. So there is no way to see actually % of the battery at glance screen?
    06-29-2016 12:30 PM
    Yes, simply download and install "My battery Lite" then select it on lockscreen customization options
    06-29-2016 04:22 PM
    Thanks for advice but battery percentage update every 15 min like on other apps so its useless.
    06-29-2016 06:32 PM
    I don't see the need for such up to the minute accuracy. As long as I have a general idea how much battery I have left, I'm good to go.
    Timbre70 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    06-29-2016 07:33 PM
    Thanks for advice but battery percentage update every 15 min like on other apps so its useless.
    Why? How much does your battery drop in 15 minutes?
    06-29-2016 11:16 PM
    If u r interested i will tell u some app which update each minute but consume battery too much.

1.better battery
    2.battery guru.

Both app from same developer and work well.
    06-29-2016 11:53 PM
    Why? How much does your battery drop in 15 minutes?
    Mine was taking hours, sometimes not even updating overnight. I de-installed it (the one just called "Battery"), figured best-case it was just doing more harm than good.
    For whatever reason, I just like the "at a glance" percentage, more than the battery gauge. I like the gauge too, but want to have a percentage app; every 15 minutes would be just fine, if mine did that. I'm on a 950XL, if anyone's wondering.
    On 8.1 it worked perfectly, seemed like it was always correct, or at least as correct as a really recent reading, and didn't seem to affect my battery life either. Sure wish they could get this fixed on 10.
    06-30-2016 12:57 AM
    Yea I noticed that. So there is no way to see actually % of the battery at glance screen?
    No, nice suggestion, give a feedback
    06-30-2016 02:43 AM
    No, nice suggestion, give a feedback
    Seconded, although I'd like to see it on the main screen too, like in 8.1.
    I don't use Glance right now, it's insanely battery-intensive, unless you have it on the 30-second setting, and even then, it seemed to be nuking my battery on a regular basis.
    06-30-2016 02:45 AM
    Seconded, although I'd like to see it on the main screen too, like in 8.1.
    I don't use Glance right now, it's insanely battery-intensive, unless you have it on the 30-second setting, and even then, it seemed to be nuking my battery on a regular basis.
    Are you sure? I got Glance forever and I got 1 - 2 % standby draining! Check Battery app lists, wich is the culprit

Which phone you got
    06-30-2016 02:55 AM
    950XL.
    This is more or less how my phone fared. I have to admit, I turned it off probably around the 200's, haven't tried it since.
    Glance on, Glance off: how to save (up to) 43% battery per day under Windows 10 Mobile
    06-30-2016 03:06 AM
    For those who need to see the percentage, how about just checking the top bar for the battery %? Just swipe down, take note and swipe back up/lock screen
    Beercules, v535 and Rgn like this.
    06-30-2016 03:31 AM
    If u r interested i will tell u some app which update each minute but consume battery too much.

1.better battery
    2.battery guru.

Both app from same developer and work well.
    06-30-2016 06:34 AM
    For those who need to see the percentage, how about just checking the top bar for the battery %? Just swipe down, take note and swipe back up/lock screen
    Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing, since moving from 8.1.
    It's not a bad way to do it, but it's one more swipe, after unlocking, or whatever. I wish MS would fix whatever the issue is with having a tile update; 15 minutes would be great, anything for at-a-glance-percentage.
    I finally uninstalled my "Battery" app, which had been so dependable, on .318, since it was often saying things like 47%, when it was 100% for several hours, and sometimes 99%, when it was down say at 38%. Yes, I had it background enabled, just like on 8.1, but it never seemed to get a time-slice, unless I opened, or maybe once or twice a day, otherwise. Sometimes it would sit, same number, all day long.
    I think it's all my math/CS/physics background, something like "it's somewhere between 1/2-maybe-3/4" bugs me. It's good for a fast glance, but annoying otherwise, IMHO ;-]
    06-30-2016 12:40 PM
    Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing, since moving from 8.1.
    It's not a bad way to do it, but it's one more swipe, after unlocking, or whatever. I wish MS would fix whatever the issue is with having a tile update; 15 minutes would be great, anything for at-a-glance-percentage.
    I finally uninstalled my "Battery" app, which had been so dependable, on .318, since it was often saying things like 47%, when it was 100% for several hours, and sometimes 99%, when it was down say at 38%. Yes, I had it background enabled, just like on 8.1, but it never seemed to get a time-slice, unless I opened, or maybe once or twice a day, otherwise. Sometimes it would sit, same number, all day long.
    I think it's all my math/CS/physics background, something like "it's somewhere between 1/2-maybe-3/4" bugs me. It's good for a fast glance, but annoying otherwise, IMHO ;-]
    The Glance suggestion is nice. All the rest explains yourself how some 3rd part apps are so unrielable
    06-30-2016 12:46 PM
    This is the easiest way to check battery. And it makes for less clutter. I think they designed the battery without the percentage there as to reduce clutter and make things look cleaner. Makes sense to me.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    06-30-2016 01:50 PM
    This is the easiest way to check battery. And it makes for less clutter. I think they designed the battery without the percentage there as to reduce clutter and make things look cleaner. Makes sense to me.
    Agreed, 100%, it's a GREAT way to do exactly this!

Except we're about choice (hopefully anyway), and having a live-time (semi-live anyway) is a choice that I want to make, not have dictated by a new feature that works for some.
    I'm fine with the new feature, it's well-implemented and thought-out, everything about it is cool. Except that I want my live tile too ;-]
    06-30-2016 02:12 PM
    Being a Tech PM (and former Dev), I really like use-cases:
    Say I'm out on a ride, have put in 30mi, and looping back home will give me 40, but I'm sitting at an intersection, debating about an extra loop, that will add a nice 20mi, and has a good 1500' climb. But, the weather is looking pretty threatening (as it often does in the greater Seattle area).
    I whip out my 950XL, and unlock it. I want to check the radar, and possibly the radar loop, depending on my battery. What I want to do, is unlock my phone, see that I have >50% battery, and if so, check the loop, but if not, just the single-screen radar (1 vs 7 screens of data load). I want to also be able to go immediately from the unlock, to my pinned radar, either single or looped. Instead, as it stands, I have to do one more swipe down, to see if that battery indicator means 47 or 60%, maybe you can tell from the icon, it's tricky.
    While I agree it's not a big burden to have to do the swipe, eventually (I actually do this scenario quite a bit, more or less) it gets pretty annoying, whereas if I had a 15-minute-accurate live tile, well I'd know as soon as I unlocked, which pinned tile to use...
    TechFreak1 and libra89 like this.
    06-30-2016 02:24 PM
    redstone 1 is removed the battery status on lockscreen during charging time.... Really bad..
    07-02-2016 06:55 AM
26 12