Insteon Working on Windows 10 Mobile Now?

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ever since getting my 950XL and downloading/installing Insteon to carry over from my Windows 8.1 Phone, it has not worked. If I tapped the Insteon tile, it would pop up for a second and immediately close. This has been since late November 2015, and I had really pretty much given up having it work.

Today, just on a whim, I tapped the Insteon tile again and, to my surprise, it worked!

I haven't seen anything about an update to the Insteon app. It's been a while since I've tried the app, so maybe a recent Windows 10 Mobile update enabled the app to work again? (Note: I'm on the production build - not an insider)

Is it now working for anyone else?

-Skippy

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Still wont open for me on my 950 XL

Strange. Does it do what it was doing to me before? Open for just a second and then close again?

I've tried mine again a couple times, and it's still working. I have noticed it will stay on the splash screen for a while (10 - 15 seconds) before actually opening to where I can start using it, but it does open.

-Skippy

Skippy07

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's what mine used to do. It's really strange that mine just started working all of a sudden.

Hopefully yours will start to work.

-Skippy

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There is a glimmer of hope. I have been told that they are indeed working on a new Windows 10 client and it is about to go Alpha. We should hopefully see something in the coming months.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is a glimmer of hope. I have been told that they are indeed working on a new Windows 10 client and it is about to go Alpha. We should hopefully see something in the coming months.

Source? Anything I've heard (direct from INSTEON or other) has been very vague. After over 6 months of not having a working app, I've just about given up on them. I'm also a registered Insteon beta tester and no info coming through that channel either.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So this is odd. My wife has a L830 w/ latest Win10 production build. I tried installing the Insteon app on her phone, and to my surprise, it worked! Was very slow to launch (although it always was back in the WP8 days). Its the same app version 1.1.3.3. So perhaps it is now working on the Threshold builds but not Redstone? Or is there something else breaking it for most users, such as some user app data from a while back (that always gets restored when reinstalling an app you had before)?

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update: I decided to restore my phone via the Windows Device Recovery Tool, as I wanted the latest firmware for double tap to wake. Before I reset, I uninstalled INSTEON app and made a fresh backup (so it didn't keep INSTEON user data in the backup). After reinstall (back to latest production build) and restoring my last backup, first thing I tried was installing INSTEON app. I can now login! (slow but works) I'm about to go back to the latest Insider Fast build, so will see if that breaks the INSTEON app again. I suspect it might.

Item to note: restoring phone backup missed a lot, many settings plus start screen completely blank other than phone and messaging tile. So bit of a process to get it back to where it was.

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
It's been working for me since two updates ago. No insider builds for me.

I emailed support back in March and they said that a Windows 10 mobile update was coming but they didn't have an eta.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to the latest insider build. INSTEON app broken again. So I think until INSTEON fixes the app, it'll only work on old Threshold builds. Once the official Anniversary update arrives in a couple weeks, it'll break for those users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99