I am running Windows 10 OS build 10.0.10586.164. Up until just last week I could access Gmail through Microsoft Edge no problem. Now anytime I try to sign in, I immediately get an Error 400 screen. I also noticed I can't link Gmail to the Outlook Mail app, I get an error as soon as I sign in there as well. I then tried a third party browser and got the same thing. I can however sign into my Gmail account fine from any normal computer. I think this may have something to do with the fact that my phone completely locked up last week and I had to use the lock button + volume down button to reboot it. Everything else on the phone seems to be working correctly except for this anomaly with Gmail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    06-29-2016 08:05 PM
    Did you turn on 2 steps verification? that can cause issues with phone browser http://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1064203?hl=en

Instead of the mail app you can try adding the account via settings: settings > accounts > email and accounts

And finally you can try a hard reset without restoring from a backup. Just start over and set the phone up the way you want it

Btw Idoubt this has anything to do with the phone "locking up"

Congrats on the first post :D
    06-29-2016 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I did check for the 2 factor authentication and it's off. As far as setting up Gmail manually, I can do that, but Gmail blocks the login that way because it thinks the Windows phone is not the most up-to-date security platform. I could turn that off inside Gmail and then I bet it would work but it would leave Gmail more vulnerable. And I am hesitant at this point to just blow it off and start over with everything. Point is that it was fine a week ago and now it's not so something must have changed. Since this happens on two different browsers, makes me think it's something that got corrupted inside the OS that the browser depends on. Is that possible?
    06-30-2016 05:13 AM
    The edge browser does have android elements which causes websites to think that it's an android phone visiting the website.

As far as security goes... Which mobile OS is most secure? - SmartCEO

Are you not entertained? :p

Btw have you tried downloading other browsers from the store and trying with them to log in?
    06-30-2016 09:33 AM
    Thanks again for the reply. Regarding third party browsers, yes I downloaded Surfy. The browser works fine for most pages but I get the same error when trying to log into Gmail. That's what makes me think something in the OS is corrupt. You have three pieces of software all doing the same thing, Edge, Surfy, and Outlook Mail. Ever seen anything like that?

Thanks!
    06-30-2016 11:42 AM
    Thanks again for the reply. Regarding third party browsers, yes I downloaded Surfy. The browser works fine for most pages but I get the same error when trying to log into Gmail. That's what makes me think something in the OS is corrupt. You have three pieces of software all doing the same thing, Edge, Surfy, and Outlook Mail. Ever seen anything like that?

Thanks!
    Welp after all of that, maybe it is the phone after all :/

Did you remove the gmail account from settings,soft reset and add it again?

If after all of this, it still doesn't work, then hard reset is an option, but I can't guarantee that it will work in this case
    07-01-2016 09:56 AM