Not sure if you guys here at Windows Central are already aware, but more than 12 hours ago, a new update to the Facebook Messenger app for Windows 10 for Phones was rolled out that essentially overhauled/replaced the old app.

The new Messenger app is now pretty much on par with its iOS and Android equivalents, might even be a direct port from one of those versions.

Thought you might want to check it out, if you haven't already.
    06-29-2016 11:42 PM
    You must have hit the wrong button, your tip ended up as a forum post :-)
    xandros9 and ven07 like this.
    06-30-2016 02:51 AM
    No lockscreen notification icon?
    06-30-2016 05:30 AM
    No lockscreen notification icon.
    06-30-2016 06:17 AM
    New FB beta by FB Inc., there is no more People Hub integration, no more people pictures from FB when we have an incoming call, no more FB calendar integration, no more even lockscreen notification on messenger etc. People HUB is almost empty (no more Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) What happens to the WM10?
    Beercules and Saijin_Naib like this.
    06-30-2016 07:29 AM
    The app is quite bad. I really hope they update it frequently, and address the problems. Starting to think I shouldn't have updated it.
    Player Piano and Saijin_Naib like this.
    06-30-2016 08:05 AM
    no thanks I will keep my native 8.1 app, if they want to give us ports at least let them be useful tools like uber or bank apps ported from ios
    Player Piano and Saijin_Naib like this.
    06-30-2016 09:25 PM
    Hi, any one encountering issues with new FB messenger? I did get an update for the app and it was updated. But after that the Messenger app crashing always, it prompt the login screen and after entered the credentials it crashes. I tried uninstalling and installing it again but the response is same as earlier. Some suggestions pls.
    06-30-2016 09:26 PM
    Yeah, I really wish I could roll back to the 8.1 version. The new one blows.
    EspHack likes this.
    06-30-2016 09:54 PM
    no thanks I will keep my native 8.1 app, if they want to give us ports at least let them be useful tools like uber or bank apps ported from ios
    How did you manage to keep the 8.1 version? When my phone updated it removed the old one and now I am unable to reinstall it.
    07-01-2016 10:38 AM
    New FB beta by FB Inc., there is no more People Hub integration, no more people pictures from FB when we have an incoming call, no more FB calendar integration, no more even lockscreen notification on messenger etc. People HUB is almost empty (no more Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) What happens to the WM10?
    THIS is my issue. The people hub sucks now.
    Player Piano likes this.
    07-01-2016 11:06 AM
    Holy crap it takes a long time to load
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    07-01-2016 11:09 AM
    Holy crap it takes a long time to load
    Yeh, even on my 1520 it takes a few seconds. We should all report those problems to Facebook.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    07-01-2016 11:37 AM
    App seems to work fine, just... slow.
    07-01-2016 11:50 AM
    Keep calm guys
    Facebook messenger app will get regular updates but each update makes 70 Mb download makes problem and app is slow.
    07-01-2016 12:00 PM
    How did you manage to keep the 8.1 version? When my phone updated it removed the old one and now I am unable to reinstall it.
    easy, you leave it there
    wp_ss_20160701_0004.png
    Player Piano and deepak12345 like this.
    07-01-2016 05:32 PM
    Delusion. This app can't even connect to the facebook app for sharing.
    On iOS and android if I am on FB and hit SHARE, I can send it as a direct link in messenger.
    If someone sends me a video in FB messenger on iOS and android, the app has a built in browser that allows me to watch the video within the app, without being taking to a completely separate window (Edge) to watch it. And this happens in 1 second. Also, when I finish that video and hit the back button, I go back where i left off, my feed doesn't start over and take me all the way back to the top...
    This app is slow and absolutely no where even in the same ball field as the iOS and Android versions.
    Sounds good to say it, and it may be an update vs whatever the old one was, but its still a 49% version compared to iOS.

I don't get it guys. I love WP UI, but how do you guys keep using these generic, featureless, half baked apps and get excited about them?
    I know it's cool to hate apple, but honestly, the full experience is 100 times better vs windows phone. (aside from the base UI)
    The UI is awesome on windows phone, but a mobile smart phone is WAY more than a UI. I am sad for windows phone users.
    Player Piano likes this.
    07-01-2016 11:30 PM
    I don't get it guys. I love WP UI, but how do you guys keep using these generic, featureless, half baked apps and get excited about them?
    I know it's cool to hate apple, but honestly, the full experience is 100 times better vs windows phone. (aside from the base UI)
    The UI is awesome on windows phone, but a mobile smart phone is WAY more than a UI. I am sad for windows phone users.
    Well it could be anything from having low standards/not knowing better or celebrating what you do get since the app is a huge step up (mostly) than it was.
    07-02-2016 10:02 AM
    Well it could be anything from having low standards/not knowing better or celebrating what you do get since the app is a huge step up (mostly) than it was.
    I suppose that could be it. If ya hate apple and android so bad that you don't use anything But windows phone. Any improvement is appreciated.
    If the starbucks app ended up being a real thing, and not a typical garbage app, I was thinking of switching back to windows full time.
    But, I never really went deep into Facebook and FB messenger to see how they compare. They are so bad. Makes me sad.
    Someday, maybe windows will wake up and make a phone worth having with good apps. Right now, the ONLY thing they have is a killer UI with awesome live tiles. That's just not enough for me. The whole user experience includes Everything you use the phone for, and it's still just not good.
    07-03-2016 10:07 PM