Outlook Archive Quick Action Missing?

GrandSpartan117

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else missing the archive quick action in outlook mail on Windows 10 Mobile? I noticed today when I went to swipe to archive that it was changed to delete so I did some investigating and the archive option is no longer available.

wp_ss_20160701_0001.jpg

I haven't done much troubleshooting at this point however since this is my main Microsoft account I cannot delete and add the account back without resetting my phone. And of course I can't remove the app because its baked into the phone. Is anyone experiencing this issue?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else missing the archive quick action in outlook mail on Windows 10 Mobile? I noticed today when I went to swipe to archive that it was changed to delete so I did some investigating and the archive option is no longer available.

View attachment 128067

I haven't done much troubleshooting at this point however since this is my main Microsoft account I cannot delete and add the account back without resetting my phone. And of course I can't remove the app because its baked into the phone. Is anyone experiencing this issue?

can you archive emails from the email itself instead of using quick actions? It might not be available in quick actions just as forward option is not in quick actions

GrandSpartan117

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes that still works and I am able to. I just fly through my email with the quick actions and it DID have it. It just suddenly vanished. Looks like I'm reaching out to MS on this one.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I came to this forum searching for why some emails showed that they would delete and some would archive if I swiped left.
swipe.png

Thank you for pointing out the settings for the quick actions. After pulling up these settings on my phone, I think the answer to the original question is that it depends on the email server. All accounts depicted in the screenshots below are connected to IMAP email servers except for the Exchange email account. I don't have Outlook.com email set up with my Microsoft account, so I don't know how it would display for me.

Outside of the standard "Set/Clear flag" and "Mark as read/unread" options, here are the different quick action options that I can see from various email services:

• The Exchange server gives the options to Delete, Move, or Move to Junk.
  • Cox ISP only gives the options to Delete or Move
  • AT&T ISP, Yahoo, and Gmail all have the same options to Archive, Delete, or Move.
The default quick action for my 2 Gmail accounts was set to Archive while all other accounts were defaulted to Delete. That was the cause of my initial confusion.

exchange.pngcox.pngatt.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05