Sudden Increase in Quality Apps?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I posted this info on another Tread, but I think it would be more appropriate here (sorry for the duplication).

Last night I stumbled across an app that had appeal and high-marks - So I thought I would download it, test the performance of my 950XL, and delete it....While I am hooked, this game is cool as heck (great graphics, smooth, fun to play), next time I am stuck somewhere for a short to medium length of time (or all day:), I will have another option to Netflix. The game is Sniper 3D Assassin: Shoot to Kill (sounds gruesome, I know), I think it's around 87M in size, but it is VERY well done; I had NO idea that I could get this kind of performance on a phone:)

Who needs a Banking app, when you have Sniper 3D";^)

No, I have no affiliation to the developer, other than admiration for a job "VERY" well done. IMHO!

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Apps are coming, but users are leaving, which is shame to see. Latest Kantar report is showing big drop in global market share for Windows Mobile.
Release of the W10M flagship was not timed well as the OS was half baked and didnt make the impact it should.

What I dont fully get is, why MS is still treating us based on region. Why should someone from let say Europe has less OS core features than eg in US? Why isn't Cortana available worldwide, even in English language same as Siri and GoogleNow is? Why Quiet Hours, Inner Circle work only with Cortana???
That is something MS can do for us endusers and wont cost them anything. windows team should open eyes and finally listen to users.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I think this last year was a transitional period for Windows Mobile.

Yes we have lost some users over the last year (can't blame them), but I think we are picking up a lot of OEM phone manufacturers that will highlight the W10 ecosystem, and the competition should strengthen the appeal.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I think this last year was a transitional period for Windows Mobile.

Yes we have lost some users over the last year (can't blame them), but I think we are picking up a lot of OEM phone manufacturers that will highlight the W10 ecosystem, and the competition should strengthen the appeal.

I believe you are right. Let's hope it works.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
While I think you are right about getting more quality apps, there are a couple out there that are disappointing me... Twitter and FB to name a few... very disappointed that they don't seem to be integrating with contacts. Also, the FB app is lacking features that the MS version had like being able to pin a liked company to your start screen... Also, it is painfully slow to open, and if you click on a link that takes you out of the FB app, it seems to restart the app from square one, slow to open and forgets where you had scrolled to.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
While I think you are right about getting more quality apps, there are a couple out there that are disappointing me... Twitter and FB to name a few... very disappointed that they don't seem to be integrating with contacts. Also, the FB app is lacking features that the MS version had like being able to pin a liked company to your start screen... Also, it is painfully slow to open, and if you click on a link that takes you out of the FB app, it seems to restart the app from square one, slow to open and forgets where you had scrolled to.

I believe if was a developer I'd have to wait until the waters settled a bit before I'd waste any sunshine writing, rewriting, and writing some more; trying to keep up with all the W10M changes. Because "if" I was that guy, I would know that I would be blamed for having an app that didn't perform well (...B-b-b-b-but...it ddddid...yesterday":^(')

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12