Is the maps app lagging behind for anyone else?

myani

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
For me, when using turn by turn directions, the maps app is lagging behind. Sometimes it is only a second or two, but other times it can lag behind where I actually am by as much as 15 seconds.

I can stop at a traffic light, look down, and see the dot approaching the intersection and coming to a stop 10 to 15 seconds after I actually stopped. It makes relying on voice navigation completely useless! It does me no good to here "Now turn left" when I have already passed the street I was supposed to turn on.

This didn't happen with Here Drive using the same phone in the same area! Yesterday I tried gMaps, and it worked fine with no lag, but also no voice navigation.

I see others in this forum saying that the maps app works perfectly for them, so does anyone have any idea how I might go about fixing this? Or what other good voice navigation apps are available?

A working voice navigation app is essential for me!

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Lumia 1020. But with the last Maps Update (the one which adds Here-Favorites Import) the problem is almost away.

myani

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Lumia 1020. But with the last Maps Update (the one which adds Here-Favorites Import) the problem is almost away.

Unfortunately I do have the latest update and still have a significant problem.

Does anyone know of a good voice nav app available in the store? I really really really dont want to have to switch to an android phone, but I use voiice vavigation multiple times per day. A good voice navigation app is essential, and the lack of one on Windows Mobile is kind of a dealbreaker for me.:cry:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I do have the latest update and still have a significant problem.

Does anyone know of a good voice nav app available in the store? I really really really dont want to have to switch to an android phone, but I use voiice vavigation multiple times per day. A good voice navigation app is essential, and the lack of one on Windows Mobile is kind of a dealbreaker for me.:cry:

I use Waze

yeah okay

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
100% give waze app a try. I used to use the default map app but i stopped using it for Waze.
Waze finally added voice feature so it's great. it also alerts of you of speed every single hidden camera, and any hazards, or police nearby. As it is updated by actual real people and it shows to everyone else. I've not tried streetpilot.. but Waze is free and awesome :p Only thing it doesnt do is tell you speed limit of each road, but that's fine, it's still worth it

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I just tested Maps navigation on my RM-985 830 LAT CV (running the very latest Insider Preview). No issue at all. I was actually quite pleased how well everything went. Very spot on accurate in my location on this device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3