maps data

style2k12

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
ok i was Always positive about windows 10 mobile..
and since i know here was gonna end its support i thought ok since maps using same map data it should be no problem,
but hell no i am 100000000% sure the map data is not the same,,,
i was using navigation and i entred some street in my neigbourhood, and what do you think,,,,,
cant find it i tried some other street also same problem could not find .. i went to maps on my laptop and same thing,,
i thought maybe here map dats isnt as good as i thought,, but hey i logged into here maps website and what you think??
i found those Streets with no problem at all...
so whats the problem here in windows maps ??????? i went crazy almost threw my Phone through the windows cause windows dissapointed me verry much ,,,,,,,
what is this crap microsoft thinking with there maps ??? i paid for here back in the days and now i cant se it and the alternative is not working good , well its working but dats is horrible....
so is it me or is it another problem??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
ok i was Always positive about windows 10 mobile..
and since i know here was gonna end its support i thought ok since maps using same map data it should be no problem,
but hell no i am 100000000% sure the map data is not the same,,,
i was using navigation and i entred some street in my neigbourhood, and what do you think,,,,,
cant find it i tried some other street also same problem could not find .. i went to maps on my laptop and same thing,,
i thought maybe here map dats isnt as good as i thought,, but hey i logged into here maps website and what you think??
i found those Streets with no problem at all...
so whats the problem here in windows maps ??????? i went crazy almost threw my Phone through the windows cause windows dissapointed me verry much ,,,,,,,
what is this crap microsoft thinking with there maps ??? i paid for here back in the days and now i cant se it and the alternative is not working good , well its working but dats is horrible....
so is it me or is it another problem??

1 - Which phone?
2 - Which win10 build?
3 - are you here for blaming or sharing experiences and looking for solutions? Reading once, twice, etc. it seems you are the problem. IMHO.

So, let's start from beginning . Go to top... Which phone? etc.

style2k12

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
lumia 830 . build 1511.
and i am not the problem, like i said i tried the normal and mobile windows 10 , nothing foun i go to here drive website and it was found,, so the here drive data for sure has that street in itm where the windows maps doesnt, :)here.pngmaps.png

Last edited:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well he isnt wrong either, map data on windows severely lacks compared to google, some places more than others, if you ever tried to input a destination on uber app you know it is pretty much useless, that app taps into some old bing maps data that has nothing on your city other than the local airport, you try that on google maps and even your house could be a known place

style2k12

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
yes but everyont told that ms uses the here map data for its mapps apps.. and its not in this case ?
here on windows central all articles say it does use the same data as here .. so whats treu then?

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
thats just business, what do you think it means when they say "we use here maps data" it can go from using just the plain maps imagery or all the satellite images, landmarks, street names, points of interests etc, my guess is they arent getting enough of that "here maps data" so thats why we get the discrepancy

im sorry this may not be the answer you wanted but thats how it is here

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
It happened to me too since 01 July 2016. All my POIs in Thailand went back to something like 4 years ago.
I typed a search and it showed results from tripadviser in other countries, not my city.

I am serious with this issue.

Must be correlated with discontinuation of Here.

Posted from my Surface 3 running W10

Sunil kumar Teki

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Even transit doesn't work in win maps, i went back to 8.1.it works smooth as butter and fast . Even the same happens on bing maps website on pc. Literally....please Microsoft...dont waste our patience and your money, but the licensing for google maps and incorporate with your maps application....

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Even transit doesn't work in win maps, i went back to 8.1.it works smooth as butter and fast . Even the same happens on bing maps website on pc. Literally....please Microsoft...dont waste our patience and your money, but the licensing for google maps and incorporate with your maps application....

The whole Here packet was dismissed months ago, it belongs to Nokia and Nokia sold it to a luxury car group.
So MS released Maps.

For now, I use Waze :D

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Simple, find a older version ( xap file ) and install it manualy. Sources can be found on xda developers. The only thing that you need to ignore is the update from the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs