Windows 10 Mobile not updating time zone.

joanzen

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was on vacation, visiting my family, in the US Central time zone when the Windows 10 Mobile update for my Icon was released. I completed the update. Today, I flew back to the Eastern time zone and when I started my phone, I noticed that the time was an hour behind. I looked into Settings and noticed that the phone was set to update date, time, and time zone automatically. However, the grayed out drop down for time zone was showing Central and not Eastern. I tried a restart and then a soft reset, but neither helped. Finally, I turn off the automatic update for time zone and selected Eastern time zone in the dropdown. When I exited the screen, the time updated correctly. I went back into the Settings and turned on the automatic update for time zone. Not sure when I'll travel again and can see if it happens again, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was on vacation, visiting my family, in the US Central time zone when the Windows 10 Mobile update for my Icon was released. I completed the update. Today, I flew back to the Eastern time zone and when I started my phone, I noticed that the time was an hour behind. I looked into Settings and noticed that the phone was set to update date, time, and time zone automatically. However, the grayed out drop down for time zone was showing Central and not Eastern. I tried a restart and then a soft reset, but neither helped. Finally, I turn off the automatic update for time zone and selected Eastern time zone in the dropdown. When I exited the screen, the time updated correctly. I went back into the Settings and turned on the automatic update for time zone. Not sure when I'll travel again and can see if it happens again, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

it's been noticed before last week with another user, coincidentally also from USA travelling within the country. Perhaps the next update will solve it

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the same. Automatic time zone not updated. IPad showed the correct time, Lumia the wrong one even after hours and constant internet access.

What sort of "engineers" are working at MS?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
This is so broken, I recently noticed my time being an hour out, when I looked, the automatic region setting had changed to Monrovia, Reykjavik. I live in the UK and hadn't even left my home town when it happened, let alone traveled to another country!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is so broken, I recently noticed my time being an hour out, when I looked, the automatic region setting had changed to Monrovia, Reykjavik. I live in the UK and hadn't even left my home town when it happened, let alone traveled to another country!

maybe your phone is suggesting you start travelling and exploring the world :wink:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the same. Automatic time zone not updated. IPad showed the correct time, Lumia the wrong one even after hours and constant internet access.

What sort of "engineers" are working at MS?

Simple question: bot devices use same carrier? I bet not

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
maybe your phone is suggesting you start travelling and exploring the world :wink:

Maybe I should, I've been to quite a few countries in Europe for skiiing and summer holidays etc, but never outside Europe so far. I'm not overly keen on flying though, any more than 2 hrs, and I'm seriously ready to get off the plane!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs