There is a single phone number my phone won't show it's contact info.

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
It's one of my mother's numbers, saved under her contact, along with the another one of her numbers and that gets displayed properly. Whenever she will call, the phone app will not show "Mum" is calling, but will only list the number.

"OK whatever! Fine" says me, "I know the number by heart, it's a single number so I can live with it", but nooo! To make it worse, it will not ever show up in the history tab of the call log, so if she calls me using this number and I can't pick up and am not by the phone so I can hear it ringing, I will never even know I missed a call from her.

This never happened with any other contact and I have been having this issue ever since I had my first win phone, a 735, few months back. On my 3rd win phone right now and this is still an issue. I am also confident this is build independent, since I noticed this on official builds, release previews, slow ring builds, fast ring builds...

WAT DO? HALP!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's one of my mother's numbers, saved under her contact, along with the another one of her numbers and that gets displayed properly. Whenever she will call, the phone app will not show "Mum" is calling, but will only list the number.

"OK whatever! Fine" says me, "I know the number by heart, it's a single number so I can live with it", but nooo! To make it worse, it will not ever show up in the history tab of the call log, so if she calls me using this number and I can't pick up and am not by the phone so I can hear it ringing, I will never even know I missed a call from her.

This never happened with any other contact and I have been having this issue ever since I had my first win phone, a 735, few months back. On my 3rd win phone right now and this is still an issue. I am also confident this is build independent, since I noticed this on official builds, release previews, slow ring builds, fast ring builds...

WAT DO? HALP!

have you tried to delete the contact, sync your account and then add it again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

WAT DO? HALP!

Did you tried deleting and resetting it by hand? Do you put it with + sign and your international code?

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
have you tried to delete the contact, sync your account and then add it again?

Sort of... well no, actually. I tried deleting just that number and adding it again. But yeah, good tip, I'll try this.

Did you tried deleting and resetting it by hand? Do you put it with + sign and your international code?

Nope. I hardly even have a handfull of numbers that have the +Country Code. 99% of my contacts just have the local number like 0721 234 567. I'll give this a shot as well, and I'll see what and if it works.

Thanks boys.

edit: for what it's worth, if it makes any difference, I am using a gmail account as my main account and this is where I sync all my contacts, calendar etc...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sort of... well no, actually. I tried deleting just that number and adding it again. But yeah, good tip, I'll try this.

Nope. I hardly even have a handfull of numbers that have the +Country Code. 99% of my contacts just have the local number like 0721 234 567. I'll give this a shot as well, and I'll see what and if it works.

Thanks boys.

edit: for what it's worth, if it makes any difference, I am using a gmail account as my main account and this is where I sync all my contacts, calendar etc...

hey, you're Kenyan? I'm also from Kenya :smile:

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
but your local number starts with 0721..oh, I see now, that's just an example :grincry:

Kenyan mobile numbers start with 072x, 071x, 070x, etc

And Romanian mobile numbers all start with 072x, 073x, 074x, etc... but the 0 is borrowed form +40, which is the country code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786