Anniversary Update on "1 GB RAM and 8/16 GB Internal Storage" Unsupported Devices

dhaditz

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
You shudve used something like a 830's i guess. If it is available XD. Maybe the software cant run on it? o_O coz of some features that the 925 cant support that are of the 930?? o_O

Sent from windows central app on windows 10 mobile , from a lumia 930 :p
So? 830's firmware is kindly similar to 925? Is that what u mean?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
You shudve used something like a 830's i guess. If it is available XD. Maybe the software cant run on it? o_O coz of some features that the 925 cant support that are of the 930?? o_O

Sent from windows central app on windows 10 mobile , from a lumia 930 :p

925: old S400 platform. Full Win10 compatibily not 100% guarantee since official March release, according to MS official release news.
Obviously experiences may vary.
And everyone is free to hack his phone for gainin access to all updates. Experiences and final results may vary (someone bricked its phone)

Last edited:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I used 950 XL settings on my 1020 to install Redstone and it runs really well. I don't think it's important what settings you use for the registry hack

dhaditz

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
925: old S400 platform. Full Win10 compatibily not 100% guarantee since official March release, according to MS official release news.
Obviously experiences may vary.
And everyone is free to hack his phone for gainin access to all updates. Experiences and final results may vary (someone bricked its phone)

That's what i fear!! the bricked one~ :(

dhaditz

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I used 950 XL settings on my 1020 to install Redstone and it runs really well. I don't think it's important what settings you use for the registry hack
Okay i will stay with the 930 settings
And i just want to stop the preview of insider builds
but i cant!! it says SERVER ERROR

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
okay problem solved, i changed the value of PhoneManufacturerModelName --> RM-1045_prod_signed_1005

so you made your 925 get rs1 build masking it as a 930 with a regedit? you said you got a bootloop before so Im kind of confused now, anyway dont fear the bricks, we all get bricked, you can get bricked upgrading 8.0 to 8.1 so nothing new here, just make sure you can flash the last functioning room using recovery tools or whatever

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Oh this thread had gotten my full attention.
I have a Lumia 435 which I have had running insider fast since the start.
I like my little 435 due to its small chunky size.
Now is the anniversary update something that may **** (coc k) over my desire to keep my little phone?
It has worked quite nicely on Win10 thus far.
Current 3.53 gig used out of 7.28 gigs with 1 gig ram.
Thanks

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh this thread had gotten my full attention.
I have a Lumia 435 which I have had running insider fast since the start.
I like my little 435 due to its small chunky size.
Now is the anniversary update something that may **** (coc k) over my desire to keep my little phone?
It has worked quite nicely on Win10 thus far.
Current 3.53 gig used out of 7.28 gigs with 1 gig ram.
Thanks

If your phone was in the windows 10 official release news btween the Eligibles Win10 upgrade, why? ;)

dhaditz

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
so you made your 925 get rs1 build masking it as a 930 with a regedit? you said you got a bootloop before so Im kind of confused now, anyway dont fear the bricks, we all get bricked, you can get bricked upgrading 8.0 to 8.1 so nothing new here, just make sure you can flash the last functioning room using recovery tools or whatever
No no... Here i will explain to you.
1. Earlier time before this thread created... Ive tried install redstone on my L925 and it caused a bootloop
2. WDRT saved me and back again on 10586
3. I just get curious bout Anniversary Update that will come next month...
4. I mask my 925 into 930, and stopped the insider program, in order to get the stable build on my phone. And I hope it will work on Anniversary Update too.

Finally... Now I'm waiting for the upgrade moment~
There my story...
Any questions?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I get a little concerned about this too.
I figure as long as they depart the branch, on a "good, solid build", then things won't be all that bad, but over time it's a security risk, if they don't patch the last build, which requires a code-branch for it, and a whole maintenance/test team.

We've got an HTC One M8 and a 1020 in the family, both of which should be moving forward, by spec, but may get "stuck" on .456 or whatever build is last released for the "big change".
It's a little frustrating (clearly, due to all the previous protest/discussion) to have two phones that out-spec current models, for the most part (M8 in particular), but are getting tossed aside because of "feedback", or that's the excuse, for not wanting to support more phones, IMHO.
I think my daughter has had 1-2 issues on the 1020 in 5 months, and my wife has had maybe 4-5, on the M8. Yeah, they function horribly on W10m builds, yep ;-]

dhaditz

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I get a little concerned about this too.
I figure as long as they depart the branch, on a "good, solid build", then things won't be all that bad, but over time it's a security risk, if they don't patch the last build, which requires a code-branch for it, and a whole maintenance/test team.

We've got an HTC One M8 and a 1020 in the family, both of which should be moving forward, by spec, but may get "stuck" on .456 or whatever build is last released for the "big change".
It's a little frustrating (clearly, due to all the previous protest/discussion) to have two phones that out-spec current models, for the most part (M8 in particular), but are getting tossed aside because of "feedback", or that's the excuse, for not wanting to support more phones, IMHO.
I think my daughter has had 1-2 issues on the 1020 in 5 months, and my wife has had maybe 4-5, on the M8. Yeah, they function horribly on W10m builds, yep ;-]

yeap.. win10mobile works fine for multitasking, apps availability, sync with pc, and another things that might help ur daily tasks
but... THE CAMERA IS REALLY SUCKS!!! :(
i just want to go back to 8.1 but... my phone wont work if the installed app cannot be updated to newer versions... :(
i hope masking 930 on my 925 will solve the problem on upgrading for Anniversary Update...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb