Hello everyone,

I have upgraded very recently to Windows 10 mobile on my Lumia 830 in Canada. I don't want to talk about how terrible I find the OS, but I had a question about Facebook: I updated my Facebook, but it still looks and feels like the one for Windows Phone 8.1, and when I search the store to find the app, it says the publisher is Microsoft, but on my desktop, the publisher is Facebook.

I was just wondering if this is because I'm in Canada? Is there a way to get the app published by 'Facebook' somehow and not this crappy one?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-09-2016 08:31 AM
    Hello everyone,

I have upgraded very recently to Windows 10 mobile on my Lumia 830 in Canada. I don't want to talk about how terrible I find the OS, but I had a question about Facebook: I updated my Facebook, but it still looks and feels like the one for Windows Phone 8.1, and when I search the store to find the app, it says the publisher is Microsoft, but on my desktop, the publisher is Facebook.

I was just wondering if this is because I'm in Canada? Is there a way to get the app published by 'Facebook' somehow and not this crappy one?
    first of all, about the OS, check for updates again in settings
    Check for update for store app
    Check for app updates
    Then search the store for facebook app from facebook

If you still don't see it, check this article near the bottom - you'll find the linl and QR code Facebook for Windows 10 Mobile updated with new design, Continuum support | Windows Central
    Maurizio Troso and xandros9 like this.
    07-09-2016 08:41 AM
    Check for app updates

If you still don't see it, check this article near the bottom - you'll find the linl and QR code Facebook for Windows 10 Mobile updated with new design, Continuum support | Windows Central
    Thank you for your answer, but despite what I thought, it seems that this "crappy" facebook application is actually the mobile version of the app!!! It doesn't behave at all like its desktop app, so I have no idea how it can be considered as a UWP app
    07-12-2016 10:15 PM
    Thank you for your answer, but despite what I thought, it seems that this "crappy" facebook application is actually the mobile version of the app!!! It doesn't behave at all like its desktop app, so I have no idea how it can be considered as a UWP app
    I thought you wanted for the phone

try this
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...to-windows-10/
    07-13-2016 01:03 AM
    I thought you wanted for the phone

try this
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...to-windows-10/
    Actually yes, I want for the phone. I recently updated my phone to Windows 10 and I'd been using the desktop UWP version and I thought it's cool. I was looking forward to try the same app on my phone, but they don't look and behave similar AT ALL!!!
    07-13-2016 08:06 PM
    facebook mobile app that developed by facebook own self is still on beta stage, but it's available to download anyway if you want to try it.
    try to change your phone region to germany or france if you unable download the app.
    Facebook (Beta) (http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=QOL0_6Z2)
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-13-2016 09:20 PM
    facebook mobile app that developed by facebook own self is still on beta stage, but it's available to download anyway if you want to try it.
    try to change your phone region to germany or france if you unable download the app.
    Facebook (Beta) (http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=ztZyqkND)
    Thanks for the info; I didn't know that it's still in beta. Maybe I'll give it a try
    07-18-2016 09:04 PM
    Change region to germany reboot and get fb app but its a beta and very slow and drains battery like hell
    Originally posted by farzadmf
    Originally Posted by Chintan Gohel
    Check for app updates

07-22-2016 11:09 AM