07-12-2016 10:41 AM
32 12
tools
    We should start asking people with card issues to share the company of that sd card so we can warn people to avoid that particular brand. My best is on sandisk as a low quality card supplier/manufacturer
    Maurizio Troso and mark233 like this.
    07-12-2016 07:01 AM
    We should start asking people with card issues to share the company of that sd card so we can warn people to avoid that particular brand. My best is on sandisk as a low quality card supplier/manufacturer
    Nice idea, card name AND country, there are a lot of fake Samsung SD online.

I'm good with a Lexar UHD, some pro camera-men suggested me that name
    Chintan Gohel and Saijin_Naib like this.
    07-12-2016 07:36 AM
    I have only some music on it. I use internal storage for everything, except music (because it is also a pain to transfer music from macbook to win10 device)
    Download Windows device recovery tool from the microsoft website.

Plug your phone in and do a fresh install.

Then do all the updates through phone update, store update. Give it some time to do everything it needs. Reboot it once it's done and then go to the store. Go to "My library" and install any apps you want installed. This is a list of all apps you have installed on the phone.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    07-12-2016 08:52 AM
    Download Windows device recovery tool from the microsoft website.

Plug your phone in and do a fresh install.

Then do all the updates through phone update, store update. Give it some time to do everything it needs. Reboot it once it's done and then go to the store. Go to "My library" and install any apps you want installed. This is a list of all apps you have installed on the phone.
    Krystianpants, thank you for your succinct step-by-step. an excellent reference (I have cut and pasted it for a cheat sheet:), thanks again.

Question: when following your instructions and you re-install an app from the "My Library" do you lose the date within the app itself?
    07-12-2016 09:14 AM
    Krystianpants, thank you for your succinct step-by-step. an excellent reference (I have cut and pasted it for a cheat sheet:), thanks again.

Question: when following your instructions and you re-install an app from the "My Library" do you lose the date within the app itself?
    Some windows 10 apps use roaming data with your live account so you may be able to get them back. I have had scenarios where I opened an app and it actually had everything in there. Some apps have their own backup methods in settings and such. There's is a new backup mechanism that backs up data for apps that support it. If you do go with the backup/restore method you will be able to get some of the data back on the apps. While the section allows you to pick any app, only the ones that have the function implemented will actually preserve the data.

Settings > Update > Backup: select "backup content from participating apps".
    Then if you click "more options". You can select individual apps. But again they need to be implementing the feature. I usually go in there and deselect the apps with a lot of data to make my backup smaller. Some apps can use up hundreds of megs. I almost feel like some of these apps with large data have the ability to mess with the backup and cause problems after restore. But that's just a feeling. I typically do fine with restoring my backups if I follow this method. Remove all the apps using up large data. Typically keep it under 10 megs unless it's an app I really want backed up.
    mtf1380 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-12-2016 09:25 AM
    Some windows 10 apps use roaming data with your live account so you may be able to get them back. I have had scenarios where I opened an app and it actually had everything in there. Some apps have their own backup methods in settings and such. There's is a new backup mechanism that backs up data for apps that support it. If you do go with the backup/restore method you will be able to get some of the data back on the apps. While the section allows you to pick any app, only the ones that have the function implemented will actually preserve the data.

Settings > Update > Backup: select "backup content from participating apps".
    Then if you click "more options". You can select individual apps. But again they need to be implementing the feature. I usually go in there and deselect the apps with a lot of data to make my backup smaller. Some apps can use up hundreds of megs.
    10-4, thanks!
    Krystianpants likes this.
    07-12-2016 09:27 AM
    IMHO, this 3ad is dead.
    07-12-2016 10:41 AM
32 12