07-12-2016 10:41 AM
32 12
tools
    Every known app lags.
    Only few things work reliably.
    Phone takes ages to wake up.
    All core apps like FB, Instagram etc lag like there is no tomorrow.
    Cant upload video - app crashes.
    Takes really long to load.

Only decent camera keeps me from dropping 950 for Iphone 6s or something else on android.

I'd say it could be experience with several apps only, but there are 2 kinds of apps on windows store: those which somehow work and those which want me to snap the phone in half. Last one is the majority.
    xandros9 and Nabiscuit like this.
    07-10-2016 11:57 AM
    Every known app lags.

Only decent camera keeps me from dropping 950 for Iphone 6s or something else on android.

I'd say it could be experience with several apps only, but there are 2 kinds of apps on windows store: those which somehow work and those which want me to snap the phone in half. Last one is the majority.
    What OS version and firmware version are you on?
    07-10-2016 12:12 PM
    What OS version and firmware version are you on?
    Win 10, OS 10.0.10586.420, Firm: 01078.00053.16236.35006
    07-10-2016 12:23 PM
    Every known app lags.

Cristal clear something gone wrong, or you missed something, considering 950 one of fastest on the market and it haven't any lag.
    Most people doesn't undestand a Windows phone is different to a droid or a istuff. It's identical to a Windows notebook: it needs regular updates and connection, especially when out-of -the-box

As Ambassador asked, which windows 10 mobile are you using? Did you check your Store update list?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-10-2016 12:27 PM
    Win 10, OS 10.0.10586.420, Firm: 01078.00053.16236.35006
    Nice, now go to Store -> hamburger button -> My updates -> check
    07-10-2016 12:32 PM
    Nice, now go to Store -> hamburger button -> My updates -> check
    No updates.
    07-10-2016 12:37 PM
    Ever done a hard reset since you got the phone?
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    07-10-2016 12:39 PM
    No updates.
    And do you use a sd card?
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    07-10-2016 12:39 PM
    And do you use a sd card?
    I did not make hard reset.
    Use SD card. You think this might be the problem? It is actually not that new (the card).
    07-10-2016 12:42 PM
    I did not make hard reset.
    Use SD card. You think this might be the problem? It is actually not that new (the card).
    I suggest you remove the apps that cause issues, remove the card, then install the apps to internal storage and see if there's a difference. I strongly suspect the card now
    humzahyaz and jmshub like this.
    07-10-2016 12:49 PM
    Bad Sd cards can cause a heap of trouble
    Iain_S, Saijin_Naib and jmshub like this.
    07-10-2016 12:52 PM
    I suggest you remove the apps that cause issues, remove the card, then install the apps to internal storage and see if there's a difference. I strongly suspect the card now
    I have only some music on it. I use internal storage for everything, except music (because it is also a pain to transfer music from macbook to win10 device)
    07-10-2016 12:53 PM
    I am not having these problems at all. There is probably a problem with your specific devide. Maybe a hard reset, also check if your firmware is the newest. If it isn't, maybe you need to install a different firmware because your mobile carrier is keeping you from updating. (if you do that, you will still be able to use your phone with your carrier, but your firmware updates won't be controlled by them).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...n-get-now.html
    RumoredNow and aximtreo like this.
    07-10-2016 01:00 PM
    I am not having these problems at all. There is probably a problem with your specific devide. Maybe a hard reset, also check if your firmware is the newest. If it isn't, maybe you need to install a different firmware because your mobile carrier is keeping you from updating. (if you do that, you will still be able to use your phone with your carrier, but your firmware updates won't be controlled by them).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...n-get-now.html
    Well, some general things work okay, but things start to get messy when i try to work with Photos App and Instagram app. They both start to crash when i try to watch video or trim it in Instagram's editor.

And Im not likely to mess around with anything. I might try hard reset, but doing something more complex - meh.
    07-10-2016 01:04 PM
    Bad Sd cards can cause a heap of trouble
    Windows mobile can be finicky with SD cards. Even cards that work on other phones and computers without hesitation caused my phone to lock up endlessly to the point of being unusable.
    mark233, Chintan Gohel and libra89 like this.
    07-10-2016 01:14 PM
    remove the sd card, keep phone on battery saver mode to see if its a background app causing havoc, if that fails just make a hard reset
    07-10-2016 09:32 PM
    I am sorry you are facing these issues. I can understand because I've been facing exactly similar issues on the similar build and phone

EDIT: And yes, I have never inserted SD card in my phone
    Nabiscuit and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-11-2016 12:08 AM
    950 and 950xl here. No issues you report on the same OS. Perhaps time for a hard reset? I would make sure any lock screen apps are on internal storage, and others you find slow. As others have mentioned, SD cards can cause issues.
    07-11-2016 03:39 PM
    Did you happen to come from a different platform like iOS? I am using both an iPhone 6s and a Lumia 930 and I can confirm that even though the Instagram and new Facebook apps are direct ports, they are slow as hell and laggy in scrolling compared to their iOS versions.
    07-11-2016 07:40 PM
    I believe OP.

W10M was very inconsistent back then and even now it hasn't shook it as much as it should compared to WP8 and iOS.

I'd recommend OP try the fast ring of Insider (because he probably can't get worse than it is) and see how it goes.
    EspHack and Maurizio Troso like this.
    07-11-2016 08:56 PM
    Did you happen to come from a different platform like iOS? I am using both an iPhone 6s and a Lumia 930 and I can confirm that even though the Instagram and new Facebook apps are direct ports, they are slow as hell and laggy in scrolling compared to their iOS versions.
    Well, I don't find instagram to be laggy or anything compared to iOS. At least on the latest fast ring build. I don't use facebook so I don't know about that app.
    07-12-2016 03:30 AM
    Every known app lags.

Is it your first Windows phone? Or did you restore from a previous phone when you setup the phone? When I got my 950, first I restored my data from my previous Lumia 830. The phone was barely usable after that. After a week I had to reset it and start all over without restoring from backup. Been excellent ever since.
    07-12-2016 03:34 AM
    As most of shouting posts, OP disappeared. No help needed, only blaming. IMHO
    07-12-2016 04:01 AM
    And Im not likely to mess around with anything. I might try hard reset, but doing something more complex - meh.
    So the op came here, complained bitterly about their experience but was only really willing to do a hard reset, 'nothing more complex'. It would probably take a similar amount of time to do the hard reset as actually making their posts - not that a hard reset is actually that complex. Though as many of us are insiders and the op isn't, then it's likely we're more interested in Windows than they are.

The main options to pursue seemed to be a hard reset and moving apps to the device, off from the SD card. Op could have trialled an Insider preview but that would carry some risk - even if the more recent builds are pretty good.

Let's hope that op got more success away from the SD card or even using a different card in the device. If peope go quiet, it may just be because they're satisfied and that they now have perfection!
    07-12-2016 04:28 AM
    Did you remove the SD card. Been using Lumia 950 for over 7 months now. Works like a charm. Got my friend a Lumia 650 and he is in love with the phone and the OS. In fact, he keeps commenting about how fast and snappy the experience is. I am fairly certain that it is the SD card causing you all the trouble. Remove it and restart the phone and see if it works properly.
    07-12-2016 06:09 AM
32 12