After lusting for WP10 for a year (I guess assuming the Astoria project would give me all the apps in the world) and now feeling it is stable enough not to worry about loosing my work phone after some mishap upgrading my Lumia 925, I now ask myself--- since I don't care about syncing apps with my pcs, and that I will redoubtably lose some paid and unpaid apps I now have - why would I bother upgrading?

This is a sincere question and I really don't know what actual advantage I might get.

Can anyone enlighten me if I am greatly mistaken?
    thanks for taking the time to read this,
    Rollo
    ananve and Tom Snyder like this.
    07-11-2016 04:36 PM
    Additional functionality in the Office suite, particularly Outlook, has been the biggest benefit to me.

File Explorer is another new feature I use quite a bit. And the expanded notification center is nice.

Other than that, it's mostly cosmetic changes.

Lack of stability would be the biggest drawback. It has come a long way, and I've been daily driving W10M on my L920 since late 2015. I wouldn't go back, but there are still some quirks and spontaneous reboots from time to time.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2016 04:52 PM
    After lusting for WP10 for a year (I guess assuming the Astoria project would give me all the apps in the world) and now feeling it is stable enough not to worry about loosing my work phone after some mishap upgrading my Lumia 925, I now ask myself--- since I don't care about syncing apps with my pcs, and that I will redoubtably lose some paid and unpaid apps I now have - why would I bother upgrading?

This is a sincere question and I really don't know what actual advantage I might get.

Can anyone enlighten me if I am greatly mistaken?
    thanks for taking the time to read this,
    Rollo
    if you dont know, then dont, its that easy really, there's no much improvement really, oh yes they can get you a list of the new things, but they arent as groundbreaking as action center was back in 8.1 for example, its just more of the same, somewhat refined, more practical and productivity oriented

you dont have much time to decide though, after "anniversary aka redstone 1" goes RTM, you wont be able to get w10m on that phone

only way i can recommend going from 8.1 to 10 is if you need a specific new feature only possible with w10, if your phone is just an accessory, or you dont really care and want to try for the sake of it
    07-11-2016 10:04 PM
    Thanks Jeff, very helpful.
    07-12-2016 05:38 AM
    And thank you, ESPHack, also very helpful.
    07-12-2016 05:39 AM
    (I guess assuming the Astoria project would give me all the apps in the world)
    This isn't going to happen. Project Astoria was canned some time ago due to people using it to side-load pirated Android apps onto their phones (and invariably complaining that they didn't work too well).

If you're depending on apps that only exist on Android/Apple, then Windows 10 Mobile is probably the last place you'd want to look.
    07-12-2016 05:55 AM
    Yes, I understand that. Thanks, Pete.
    07-12-2016 04:56 PM
    I must ask, what apps do you use and like a lot? A lot of apps have improved.
    07-12-2016 06:11 PM