Smoothness of animations in latest builds

vincenzo_abete

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody, I have a Lumia 950 running 10586.420 and firmware 01078.00038.16025.39016. I have not had a lot of the issues other people seem to have with this device, but I can definitely say that I am not happy with this phone. Not at all.
One of the main reasons is the abundance of glitches everywhere in the OS especially in the few animations when switching apps, opening menus etc. One that really bothers me is the animation of the options you get when opening the bottom menu, the one with the three dots ... It's slow, it has ha weird snap when it reaches the end and most of all it flashes when closing it. Another one is the system tray changing several times color when opening the task view and selecting an app, for example.

I am not going to list all the other things I find wrong with the OS or it would take me hours, but... My question is: Are all these glitches still present in the latest insider builds? How is the smoothness of the animations throughout the whole OS?

Thanks!

vincenzo_abete

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Hours.... yeah right.

Well, again it's what I personally think that is wrong, not necessarily wrong for everyone, but the list is long. Windows Hello popping up when it shouldn't, placement of buttons, missing functionality previously there, problems with Edge... It would take quite some time to explain these and all the others in some detail, but I am not going to do it. There's the feedback hub for that. Thanks for the reply anyway.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yea thats how it is now, and it is not a priority for them to fix any time soon, if ever

but never mind, you will find half the replies telling you they have no problems, they are not wrong either, its just that thats the state of w10 in general, unreliability, there's no consistency whatsoever, and with most of the community being budget users they have been enduring bad performance ever since the "smoked by windows phone" ads so they cant tell if it changed now, i myself kind of stopped caring too much about glitches, man if you gave me a 950 back when i had a 928 at launch, i would throw that thing through the window in no time

vincenzo_abete

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
but never mind, you will find half the replies telling you they have no problems [...]

Exactly, I wonder who posts all those negative feedback in the hub, because here the majority of people seem to be really happy with their phones.
I guess I have just discovered what '******' means.

I used to praise and defend Windows Phone for all the good things it could offer, but honestly I now feel that the cons far exceed in number the pros, I just can't do that anymore without feeling that I am lying to myself... I sincerely believe this OS is much, much worse than what it used to be.

Anyway, in case you want a specific case to test one of the animations I am talking about:
Os theme: dark; Outlook calendar theme: white; Open task manager and go to outlook calendar. What I get is the system tray on top (network, battery clock etc.) going from blue to black a few times before stopping on blue.

Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss