W10M Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

dcutting

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded my wife's AT&T Lumia 1520 and now she can't send/receive texts consistently. It'll work when she first restarts and then stop working almost immediately. I've already done a hard reset. Anyone else experience this?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded my wife's AT&T Lumia 1520 and now she can't send/receive texts consistently. It'll work when she first restarts and then stop working almost immediately. I've already done a hard reset. Anyone else experience this?

Let your phone finish all core updates, check in Store the pending list

dcutting

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Let your phone finish all core updates, check in Store the pending list

Will do, but how long does that normally take? We initially did the upgrade last night and when she got up this morning it wouldn't work. I didn't check the status of the updates in the store at the time so it's possible they weren't finished.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Will do, but how long does that normally take? We initially did the upgrade last night and when she got up this morning it wouldn't work. I didn't check the status of the updates in the store at the time so it's possible they weren't finished.
It takes few minutes or some hours, according to wifi / carrier avalaibility and simultaneous phone use. Better for you to check, maybe there's something flashing error or attention needed.
First of all, reboot your device. As a fresh updated notebook (there's no difference btwen)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In Cortana the icon to listen to/identify music that is playing has gone missing.

10586.494 - Lumia 640 Insider Release Ring, Lumia 1520 Official, Desktop Official - US Region and Settings.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In Cortana the icon to listen to/identify music that is playing has gone missing.

10586.494 - Lumia 640 Insider Release Ring, Lumia 1520 Official, Desktop Official - US Region and Settings.

Typing in the request "what's playing right now" fails.

Voice command "what's playing right now" works. Awkward in some situations.

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I discovered today that Microsoft Voice Recorder is not working.It is taking me to Voice Recorder in Store where it shows that app is installed.On clicking 'open',it is reverting back to Store page .Lumia 535 DS.
Is anybody else facing this ?

Edit - When data/wifi is turned off and I open Voice Recorder ,the following screen shows on my mobile -

View attachment 128468

Fixed after the latest update v10.1605.1472.0

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
After using it for a day, my lumia 950xl had no voice while on voice calls. :( :( :( I missed 3 important calls from work because I couldn't hear anything what the other person was saying. Gave reset to phone and it started working fine. SO FRUSTRATING

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes I got an update today morning about 5 hours ago (India) and it is working normally again.Thanks.
Did you also have the same problem ?
i didn't know about this, until i saw your post and i was having same problem and last night i tweeted the same to dona and jason, they replied that they know about the issue and fix was worked upon.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
i didn't know about this, until i saw your post and i was having same problem and last night i tweeted the same to dona and jason, they replied that they know about the issue and fix was worked upon.

I had given a feedback Windows Feedback app on my phone.I found a few others who had reported the problem on Sunday and gave them upvotes .I did not expect it to be fixed so fast and initially I had thought I had turned something off in my settings especially when I found my son's phone app was working normally .It seems to have been a widespread bug.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 Icons running the official Verizon OTA update. Remember to go and check all your settings after updating or resetting. I had to go through all the app permissions as they were all toggled to on. A few other settings I had to check as well. But even then after limiting the app permissions to a very low level on my 2 phones....there is still a lot of idle battery drain.

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
same as ever:
-data sense not working while on airplane mode
-hotspot stops working after locking screen

This hotspot issue is a HUGE thorn in my side. A previous work around was to launch HereDrive and just have that keep the screen active. Now since the HERE suite is "then" I just need to find an app to keep the screen on, touching it every four minutes or so is getting to be a pain (any suggestions?)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This hotspot issue is a HUGE thorn in my side. A previous work around was to launch HereDrive and just have that keep the screen active. Now since the HERE suite is "then" I just need to find an app to keep the screen on, touching it every four minutes or so is getting to be a pain (any suggestions?)

Which phone and build you got? hotspot lockscreen was fixed in redstone builds

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

set screen time out to "NEVER" in settings>personalization>lockscreen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss