W10M Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

AC Soft

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here on my Lumia 950 and Windows 10 Build 10586.494
less than 30% of battery, and the phone don't charge battery.
I will be off line soon...
Help urgently needed !!!:cry:

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay, back here again at Production. So far the only thing that is driving me crazy is Glance and DT to wake. It seems that the are interconnected somehow. DT to wake will only work if glance is showing, but to get the glance screen to work I have to hold a finger over the sensor for about 10 or so seconds. 640XL LTE ATT. All new updates installed from store too. I know it's not some firmware thing because it will work if I do that, so it's got to be some bug or something where the sensor isn't sensitive enough.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Greetings all. Just installed OS build 10.0.10586.494 on my HTC One M8. Only had a soft reset done as the update finished. Didn't do a hard reset, as that didn't seem to help anything last time I tried (after .318 install).

Edge seems faster, at least on the first page or two I tried. And, it doesn't hang at the 90% progress point (little green line), or only hangs for a second. Previous builds it would hang for a minute. In .318, it wouldn't finish loading pages. I started using Surfy because of it.
Didn't see it listed in the .494 fixes, but I hope MS worked on Cortana's handling of text messages. I use earbuds when I drive 'cuz my vehicle doesn't have bluetooth, and Cortana can't seem to spit out the whole "Message Sent" and chime when I respond to someone...without going to the lock screen. Hoping that's fixed. I reported it while running .318 and .420. Will take a look at the Cortana forum after this.
One more oddity. I don't get notifications of updates. See here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-one-m8-windows/341350-8.htm#post3523343

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It seems Cortana isn't fully remedied yet. It did find with test from my dad, but in a group text with 4 folks it choked. I got a 2nd text while Cortana was asking me to read it or ignore it on the first one. Never read the first text, nor any of the next 12 or so. But she'd ask me for each incoming message if I wanted to read it or ignore it... Put this into Windows Feedback.
I used Cortana for the first time today to set a reminder. That worked fine, except for when Cortana said she was done. Then the closing message got cut short, and I had to unlock the phone to get it to finish... Feedback submitted.
Anyone else experience this?

LeonC1963

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Only issue I had was alarm audio not working but seems to have resolved itself with an update from Windows Store

Lumia 640XL LTE

latest build.jpg

RPF75

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Having issues all over the place. This build is not stable for me (735). Apps are constantly losing connection to my microsoft account (can't remember how many times I've had to re-sign in to Cortana), battery performance is very poor, phone has locked up on me a couple of times....not at all impressed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having issues all over the place. This build is not stable for me (735). Apps are constantly losing connection to my microsoft account (can't remember how many times I've had to re-sign in to Cortana), battery performance is very poor, phone has locked up on me a couple of times....not at all impressed.

Have you ever done a Reset since moving to W10M?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, just trying to rule out the obvious. It seems atypical.

Obviously updating apps through the store, but you probably did that. The failure to stay connected to Microsoft Account... Do you use Authenticator? I've found it kind of a PITA. I just use the Text me a code option and make sure to check the box for trusted device...

Battery performance is usually sorted by a Reset. I've seen some other advice on solving battery level reporting issues (if that is what you have), likely in the Insider Fast Build threads. If I come across the posts again I'll certainly link you to them. Just can't remember quite where they are ATM.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
After several days I can say my RM-985 LAT CV 830 is experiencing faster battery drain.
With the .318 build I'd have the phone @ 100% charge at 9pm. At 4am the following day battery level was at 97%. This was the same % that I experienced with 8.1. This was consistent up to the .494 build.

Now for that past week I have the phone @ 100% charge at 9pm and at 4am the percentage is consistently at 91%. A 6% change. Settings are identical. Nothing was changed in my setup at all. I did do a soft reset after a couple of days on .494 --- no difference. This is all idle time I'm talking about here. It's consistent.

I have 3 batteries for this 830 ... tried them all ... no different. Phone loses 9% from 9pm to 4am. No usage at all.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 640's that now go down from 100% to 70% overnight with no active usage. Just changed with the .494 build. Before the battery would last a couple days.

markryb

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
HTC ONE M8.... I have had great success with OTHER builds....not this one! (10586.494) battery life has dropped considerably !! Phone sat overnight fully charged prior ...dropped to 73% !! (I have checked all applications that are running etc..) Normal use through out the day was about 30/35% after about 10 hours of light use... now using 60% + ..... hope the send out a fix for this !! (also noticing glitches/lags etc.. when switching apps etc..) had an issue "waking" the phone up this morning (soft re-set fixed it )....

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
same as ever:
-data sense not working while on airplane mode
-hotspot stops working after locking screen

at this point im pretty sure they are at that later stage kind of like w7 or 8 after some major fixes, they just fix the random chinese character not appearing when installing some random app that happens to be in italian in a french pc, that kind of bugs

other than that, same buggyness, same unreliability, glitches, etc. this is it, there's no more "wait for update to fix x thing" its time to decide if you like how it is or not

I wwill preface my agreement with quote by saying I am using a Lumia 635 with 512 ram.
Although iI think that has some bearing on problems, I don't think it is sole cause.
Seems that edge crashing could be ram related? News sources that show irreverent information is bad programing.
Outlook mail not syncing is also something other than ram issue. my bbattery also drains much faster than 8.1 update. iI think this build is less stable than some early ones, I have been part of the insider builds sine beginning. I got my 635 in February 2015, used it week or two on 8 then loaded 10.
I have had to switch back to 8 about 4 times, wait for new build then go back to 10. I did this a week before this release came out.
I still have 10 on my lLumia but had to switch to my HTC 8xt as my phone on 8.1 because I couldn't take the constant crashing anymore.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 640's that now go down from 100% to 70% overnight with no active usage. Just changed with the .494 build. Before the battery would last a couple days.

I removed my wife and daughter's 640s from the Insider Program and they both immediately updated to the Redstone release. It runs much better and has some new features. They like it so much that I ordered a 640 to replace my 920.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I removed my wife and daughter's 640s from the Insider Program and they both immediately updated to the Redstone release. It runs much better and has some new features. They like it so much that I ordered a 640 to replace my 920.

If you "removed them from Insider", you got ithem in Threshold, not Redstone, via hard reset. Did you resetted their phones o simply changed ring to Release Preview?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster