W10M Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I did not reset either phone. I simply unenrolled from Insider, then checked for an update. They both downloaded an update for 14388.390 I think. I'm not positive the exact release, as I don't have either phone with me at the moment. But it was definitely 14388.xxx something.

Dipayans24

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Technically everything is over for unsupported phones,those who are struck on 8.1 cannot get w10m via release preview now.only way is to unlock phone via wpinternals and change registry which is quite dangerous.Those who upgraded shouldn't comeback to wp8.1.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I did not reset either phone. I simply unenrolled from Insider, then checked for an update. They both downloaded an update for 14388.390 I think. I'm not positive the exact release, as I don't have either phone with me at the moment. But it was definitely 14388.xxx something.

Now that's clear, that's a misundesrtood. You are always in Insider ring. You took the slowest, the preview, which for now it taked the official. You never took fast or slow rings, eklsewhere you should made a hard reset, there's no workarounds.
You are always an Insider

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I removed my wife and daughter's 640s from the Insider Program and they both immediately updated to the Redstone release. It runs much better and has some new features. They like it so much that I ordered a 640 to replace my 920.

I have a device on Insider Release and another 2 on Official. None of them are seeing anything above 10586.494.

What Ring were the 640s on? Slow?

Maybe you went Production and those updates to 14388 were already pending and you just let them go through. 14388 appears to have been passed up for the Anniversary Update. That looks to be 14393.xxx.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I just (reluctantly) did a hard reset (with restore from a couple of days ago) on my 830 with .494 to see what's up. Already did that with the .318 build but whatever. Now that I've hard reset ... My phone is still on the Release Preview like it was before the reset? Even tho I haven't touched the Windows Insider app?

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I dunno what to tell you, fellas. This phone doesn't appear to be enrolled in Insider to me:

temporary_zpswl4j5o2s.png

Yet it updated to this:

temporary_zpsqxgv4k2s.png

And Rumored, you're correct, it was 14393. I just got my 640 today. It should have 8.1 on it. I'll set it up and see what happens.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just (reluctantly) did a hard reset (with restore from a couple of days ago) on my 830 with .494 to see what's up. Already did that with the .318 build but whatever. Now that I've hard reset ... My phone is still on the Release Preview like it was before the reset? Even tho I haven't touched the Windows Insider app?

Put the Insider App on your phone and don't select a Ring just go to ellipses (...) > about > and it will confirm the status. I suspect you are still in.

I dunno what to tell you, fellas. This phone doesn't appear to be enrolled in Insider to me:

And Rumored, you're correct, it was 14393. I just got my 640 today. It should have 8.1 on it. I'll set it up and see what happens.

I still think they were downloaded updates that weren't applied yet.

You never said what Ring you backed them out of. Was manual restart to apply updates engaged?

Nothing else really makes sense as that build is simply not available on Production yet.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
You must be right. My new 640 didn't update without installing Insider. I signed up for the Slow ring and it installed 10.0.10586.102. After the reboot, it was no longer set up for preview builds. I reenrolled in the Slow ring again, and it is downloading 14393 now.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I finally had enough of the battery draining and upgraded one of the 640's to 14393.5 this morning. They had both dropped 30% overnight. Now after the same usage today on both phones, one has dropped from 97% to 61% and the other updated one dropped from 100% to 91%. There were no changes to either phones settings.

Beercules

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Started having huge battery drains with 10586.494. Was happy with my battery before. Automaticaly got 14393.5 via preview ring - battery is amazing, compared to 10586.494. Much better, much wow :D

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
HTC ONE M8.... I have had great success with OTHER builds....not this one! (10586.494) battery life has dropped considerably !! Phone sat overnight fully charged prior ...dropped to 73% !! (I have checked all applications that are running etc..) Normal use through out the day was about 30/35% after about 10 hours of light use... now using 60% + ..... hope the send out a fix for this !! (also noticing glitches/lags etc.. when switching apps etc..) had an issue "waking" the phone up this morning (soft re-set fixed it )....

I talked to HTC today, they are 100% not planning on an official release of Win10, for the M8, no way, no how.
They did say I could flash to Android, at my risk, awesome stuff.
Don't reset an M8, going forward, as it'll revert to 8.1, permanently...

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I still don't get it completely whats going on now with the anniversary update. i have a lumia 925. Will i get the update? I'n currently still on treshold .494

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I still don't get it completely whats going on now with the anniversary update. i have a lumia 925. Will i get the update? I'n currently still on treshold .494

I'm sorry but the 925 is not supported for W10M so you are at the end of the line.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Technically everything is over for unsupported phones,those who are struck on 8.1 cannot get w10m via release preview now.only way is to unlock phone via wpinternals and change registry which is quite dangerous.Those who upgraded shouldn't comeback to wp8.1.

I guess I didn't realize HTC One's would only go to the production threshold. Bummer.

markryb said:
HTC ONE M8.... I have had great success with OTHER builds....not this one! (10586.494) battery life has dropped considerably !! Phone sat overnight fully charged prior ...dropped to 73% !! (I have checked all applications that are running etc..) Normal use through out the day was about 30/35% after about 10 hours of light use... now using 60% + ..... hope the send out a fix for this !! (also noticing glitches/lags etc.. when switching apps etc..) had an issue "waking" the phone up this morning (soft re-set fixed it )....

Odd. I have not seen that battery drain on mine.

I talked to HTC today, they are 100% not planning on an official release of Win10, for the M8, no way, no how.
They did say I could flash to Android, at my risk, awesome stuff.
Don't reset an M8, going forward, as it'll revert to 8.1, permanently...

Did they say a Windows M8 could actually be flashed to Android? Didn't think that could be done.

So much for me buying a flagship phone. I thought I'd be covered for 2 years...

There may be some light at the end of the tunnel for M8 owners w/WM10 preview installed. It seems there is a way to install Android apps!? {YouTube smA1O1PcgJQ}
Don't know if I want to do this, or tweak my registry to read lumia. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There may be some light at the end of the tunnel for M8 owners w/WM10 preview installed. It seems there is a way to install Android apps!?

I had to remove the video. The music in the background was not "family friendly."

Sorry, Dave.... This is part of a hack and a tool based on a leak of Project Astoria and the whole thing was mothballed months ago... Dead end.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I guess I didn't realize HTC One's would only go to the production threshold. Bummer.

Did they say a Windows M8 could actually be flashed to Android? Didn't think that could be done.

So much for me buying a flagship phone. I thought I'd be covered for 2 years...

There may be some light at the end of the tunnel for M8 owners w/WM10 preview installed. It seems there is a way to install Android apps!? {YouTube smA1O1PcgJQ}
Don't know if I want to do this, or tweak my registry to read lumia. :(

HTC officially doesn't even support the Insider Threshold install. They say 8.1 is the end-of-the-line for the phone.
Yeah, pretty bad PR, when it says right on the box that you'll get 2 years of updates, with what was the flagship at the time. The CSR I chatted with just said they weren't specifying what kind of "updates" would be delivered, but definitely NOT Win10.

I asked about flashing to Android Mashmallow, and they said it wasn't supported, but they do have the ROMs posted on their support site, so that's an option I suppose, particularly if you didn't get an Insider build previously, and don't want to do the registry edit to get to RS1.

I can't see myself buying an HTC X anytime in the future, they were pretty "unfriendly" about it, dismissive almost, it was pretty irritating, they just wanted to end the conversation, saying I wasn't going to get any real update anyway, basically.

Mariusch

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Can someone tell me if there is any possibility to still get Windows 10 Mobile (Threshold) on my Lumia 920? On all insider rings there is now Redstone that isn't available for my phone and I don't know what to do now :unhappy:

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
No way that I know of. The only option at this point is to hack the registry to make it look like a Redstone-capable device.

I don't understand why MS didn't leave some upgrade path available. Maybe they'll bring it back at some point.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
No way that I know of. The only option at this point is to hack the registry to make it look like a Redstone-capable device.

I don't understand why MS didn't leave some upgrade path available. Maybe they'll bring it back at some point.

and to think that "unsupported" phones run better on RS1 than TH2... anyway if you got stuck on wp8.1 just use wpinternals to get to w10 again, its quite complicated though, if you're on 10586 you're on luck, just need interoptools and edit model to 930 or something to get to RS1

all info you need is on XDA w10m forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea