HDR on L650

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
New L650 here, so now have access to the HDR function.

Seems to make a decent job of utilising, but should I be able to edit after the fact?

When I try, I get a 'Something has gone wrong' error.

Should HDR with the flash enabled allow the slider for flash effect after the fact as well, or is that just on the 950s

cheers guys.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
New L650 here, so now have access to the HDR function.

Seems to make a decent job of utilising, but should I be able to edit after the fact?

When I try, I get a 'Something has gone wrong' error.

Should HDR with the flash enabled allow the slider for flash effect after the fact as well, or is that just on the 950s

cheers guys.

Check if Photo app is updated, in 650 HDR works pretty well, better in full auto mode, so you can choose best flash lighning.

Something went wrong could be a defective SD card, remove it and check in a notebook sd reader

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
No SD card, so it isn't that.

When you say full auto, do you mean Auto or On.

Settings are Off, On and Auto.

Also how does the flash affect use of this function.

Thanks.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Full Auto I mean both HDR and flash in AUTO.

On my 650 I prefer manual mode with no HDR, pics are more natural and deeper. HDR enanches too much colors IMHO for people who like ithat

Search for a colorful deep location with a bright light (no direct sunlight) and try different shots with full Auto and NO HDR, full Auto + HDR ON+ Flash Auto, and full Auto + HDR auto + Flash Auto, and check yourself what you like more

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Seems that I always get the something went wrong error.

App up to date, phone on latest release build and firmware.

Not a biggie, but would be nice to have everything working on new phone.

Anyone else got same problem?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Seems that I always get the something went wrong error.

App up to date, phone on latest release build and firmware.

Not a biggie, but would be nice to have everything working on new phone.

Anyone else got same problem?

Try a soft reset first (vold down + power 15 secs and retry)

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Nope, nothing, I know whats coming next....hard reset.......thought I'd left all this behind with new phone.

I'll wait for Anniversary update I think, then full reset and no restore.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On my 640, no matter what it seems, the HDR lighting adjustment feature, while amazing, only seems to work maybe 20% of the time. It usually errors out which is unacceptable frankly.

I have not tested it on Redstone.

Welcome to Windows Phone OP, the bugs don't stop there! Although the Redstone/Anniversary update appears to be an improvement thus far.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone OP, the bugs don't stop there! Although the Redstone/Anniversary update appears to be an improvement thus far.

I haven't used any Insider Redstone. I'm really looking forward to the update. It will determine whether I will buy a new Windows Phone or not in the future.

My observation is as follows (640):
- HDR without flash doesn't work, sothat an error message appears when trying to change the picture.
- There is a Limit to one or two HDR shots taken in a short period. The next shots will not be HDR or Living Image, as there is not enough processing power (assumption) and instead the shots are normal pictures.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It seems that maybe it just takes a while to finish with the pictures.

As pictures it will not let me edit soon after taking them, can be edited fined later in the day.

strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro