Nokia Lumia 1520 - Windows 10 Mobile - Extremely fast battery drain?

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520 - Windows 10 Mobile - Extremely fast battery drain

I'm not sure if my battery is broken or it's just the new build (fast ring) but I can't use my phone anymore without hugging the wall... When I just play music or make calls while the screen is off there's no problem but when the screen is on - I'm not exaggerating - after 2 minutes I get the battery low thingy and my phone goes off immediately even when the battery is at 100%. So anyways is it just me or is this a known issue?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 - Windows 10 Mobile - Extremely fast battery drain

A lot of users have been complaining about this, but MS is stating it officially in the "what's broken" list.. You're not alone

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Oh ok thx :) will this issue be fixed if I get out of insider program and downgrade to older builds or do i have to go back to 8.1?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Oh ok thx :) will this issue be fixed if I get out of insider program and downgrade to older builds or do i have to go back to 8.1?

If you've already done a hard reset without any improvements, downgrading might be the way to go. Haven't seen anyone on the TH builds complaining about the battery life (release preview ring)

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Please DO NOT downgrade to WP 8.1 or W10M release preview as it doesn't solve the battery problem

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

You need to turn off a lot of background tasks if you don't want massive battery drain. So w10m is no different from the droids.

jay bee104

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site

You need to turn off a lot of background tasks if you don't want massive battery drain. So w10m is no different from the droids.

I'll say this if you charge till 100% and then take off and can't surf web for than 30 mins then it needs new battery I just did one yesterday and is easy.

Now if it last longer then probably software cause still not I'm still losing 1% every 10 mins surfing web.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I have a HUUUGEEE battery drain, and I started thinking it was just the battery that went bad. However after reading that lot of 1520 users are facing the same problem, I'll have to test it out.
I'll try reverting back to 8.1, to see if it's actually Win10M's problem. And if it is, then I don't know what to do. If not, I'll just buy a new battery, though that's a hard task. In my country Lumias were never too popular, especially the top end ones, so finding a battery for a 3 year old Lumia is like finding a burried treasure.

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't have anything to do with background task, sure it makes your battery die faster but not as fast as 100% to 1% in 2-3 minutes of Screen on time

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I have a HUUUGEEE battery drain, and I started thinking it was just the battery that went bad. However after reading that lot of 1520 users are facing the same problem, I'll have to test it out.
I'll try reverting back to 8.1, to see if it's actually Win10M's problem. And if it is, then I don't know what to do. If not, I'll just buy a new battery, though that's a hard task. In my country Lumias were never too popular, especially the top end ones, so finding a battery for a 3 year old Lumia is like finding a burried treasure.

Don't downgrade as it's just a waste of time

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Don't downgrade as it's just a waste of time

Yeah, I think it's my battery. My phone is nearly unusable. You can't count on it at any given moment of the day. I'm about to get robbed by repair shops. -_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99