Folks who make up the 1% - why are you holding on?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
OneDrive integration. All of my cloud storage is on OneDrive and it's not that great on iOS.
I could go on and on...

What do you mean by this? It works just fine in my experience. Of course, it would be hard to pick from OneDrive directly but it's app dependent.

I 've jumped ship to Apple. I wanted a small device which i can handle with one hand and i bought iphone se. I am really amazed with that small rocket!!! Ios is great and all works perfectly! I am staying with my surface 3 but i think in the future to get a macbook and an ipad. I have started to use more my gmail and google services after 5 years i was all in MS services. I am a consumer and i dont care about enterprise whistles and bells. I regret cause i like w10 mobile but i am tired waiting.

I agree about the SE, it's a nice, small powerhouse!

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by this? It works just fine in my experience. Of course, it would be hard to pick from OneDrive directly but it's app dependent.

I agree about the SE, it's a nice, small powerhouse!

Yes, it is. But to tell the truth I would preferred to have w10 mobile at the same condition of iOS so I would keep my 950xl.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So far so good! I can tell u that I prefer the 4 inch device! It's a small pocket computer that I can handle easily! But I think that happens cause it's iOS a static os. Live tiles need a big screen.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So far so good! I can tell u that I prefer the 4 inch device! It's a small pocket computer that I can handle easily! But I think that happens cause it's iOS a static os. Live tiles need a big screen.
As a currently slightly frustrated 950XL user I have been looking at the SE as a cheap return to iOS, but for me the front camera (only 1.2MP) and the 64GB max are keeping me away. Just barely! :) Plus OIS is missing, so night time shots might not be as good, but that's not as crucial for me. Other than these three, it's an awesome product, very tempting indeed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
As a currently slightly frustrated 950XL user I have been looking at the SE as a cheap return to iOS, but for me the front camera (only 1.2MP) and the 64GB max are keeping me away. Just barely! :) Plus OIS is missing, so night time shots might not be as good, but that's not as crucial for me. Other than these three, it's an awesome product, very tempting indeed.
The 1.2 mp camera isn't so bad to me but of course, it's not like the 950 XL but it allows a lot of light in there. I think it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
As a device the 950 xl is certainly better but as I said I wanted a smaller device and iPhone se is a small device with flagship specs. I dont take a lot of selfies and without a doubt 950's cameras (front and back) are a lot better. But A9 does an awesome job and the os integration with the stellar apps are heavenly good.
Overall i much prefer iPhone se not only over 950xl but over any other smartphone available. That means I prefer it over iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus. For me and of course it's subjective iPhone se is the best device I had the last years!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
...because I'm retired and I can do what I want (except when I'm in the hospital). I like Android well enough and I use my S7Edge every day. But I "love" my mint condition 14955 Lumia ICON and I use it every day too. I don't have any company dictating my technology needs. So when I head for my truck, my man bag has both phones in it. When I get in my truck BOTH phones go in the console. And being retired, and living in the country, I ride around a LOT, just me and the dog.

Don't get the man bag wrong - it just goes from the house to the truck - then from the truck back into the house. I don't carry it around like a murse lol.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7E [ MM6.01 ] Daily Driver :smile:
Lumia ICON [ 14955.1000 ] Daily Toy :winktongue:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Haha. I was just saying. I change between devices whenever I feel like it, and I recently bought a Lumia too so I'm not on the side that says you have to drop the 950XL xd
WOW ! That's some kinda freedom - let alone discretionary income !! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver Luxury Sedan Class
Lumia ICON [14955.1000] Daily Toy GT4 Class

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WOW ! That's some kinda freedom - let alone discretionary income !! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan

Haha. I don't buy all of them at once. Most times I wait for the deal or if it is great, I take that chance! I wish I could get my hands on a Pixel though.

Got my iPhone SE and honor 8 at launch, months apart. Scored the Lumia 550 for $60.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Haha. I don't buy all of them at once. Most times I wait for the deal or if it is great, I take that chance! I wish I could get my hands on a Pixel though.

Got my iPhone SE and honor 8 at launch, months apart. Scored the Lumia 550 for $60.
That's cool. You didn't mention the 950XL. How well does that perform without Insider junk on?

EDIT> oh I think it was the L550 you said.

Peace. Alan

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's cool. You didn't mention the 950XL. How well does that perform without Insider junk on?

EDIT> oh I think it was the L550 you said.

Peace. Alan

Yep, 550 for me. All of the XL phones are too big.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep, 550 for me. All of the XL phones are too big.

Not for me - I've got large piano player's hands; at 6'4" 220lb - big hands and I really go for the large screens. Like on my ICON, I wouldn't THINK of using the browser unless I really had to. But my S7E now - THAT'S my first handheld widescreen. All my tablets don't count - you can't slip one in your back pocket like a phablet.
I'd shelf my iPad too 'cept I need it at night for Sudoku and reading in bed.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
Lumia ICON [14955.1000] Daily Toy, GT4 Class

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
...why am I holding on?

I like the design of Windows on my portable Windows OS devices (950 and 950XL). My first smartphone was a Lumia 521 in 2013.

...you know, I got to thinking to myself, "What is it that makes Windows phone my preferred choice of mobile OS's?"

...it's the live tile system and customizing I can do with it ... I like the continuity feel going from my Windows OS phone to my Windows desktop ... and by gosh I really like Cortana lol. Use it for reminders all the time.

Now --- if the Windows OS on a mobile device(s) gets sucked into a black hole, I'm OK. I've learned to use and like iPhone and Android.

The design of the windows mobile os is first choice for my personal use. So I'll hang on as long as there is something to hang on to.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It took me only one week to return back. Solda my iPhone and i am back to w10 mobile with again a 950xl. I cant stand ios nor android. I just love w10!

Sent from Mars
Man, I watched an 18 minute video of "SquareHome 2" on YouTube. It's a Win10M launcher for androids, but the demo was on an S7Edge (what I drive). Man, Oh Man, Oh Man - live tiles, widgets, everything W1oM can do for the eyes and waaaayyyyyy more than even Win10M has as far as personalization goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just incredible!!

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver, Luxury Sedan Class
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14955.1000] Toy, GT4 Class
Free-Download-SquareHome-2-Premium-Apk-Win-10-style-v1_0_13-Latest-Version-www_androidapkapps_co.pngSquareHome-Key-4-Android-APK.jpg

Joel Jorge Gaviola

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a 1520, 950, and 950 XL. I love the way they are synced. It's surprising that the 1520 is still working perfectly. Although, I had to change the battery but most of the time it even updates faster than the X50 series. ☺

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb