Folks who make up the 1% - why are you holding on?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Plenty of doom and gloom everywhere. I've used Windows Mobile since 2003. Then Windows Phone from 2010. Then Windows 10 Mobile since day 1.

There have been app gaps, there still are.
There have been missing features like copy and paste.
There have been bugs like random reboots.
There has recently been Pok?mon Go. I'm still here.

If you've stayed with Microsoft's mobile operating system for a long time and are seeing yourself as one who will still be here till the last Windows Phone is sat on the shelf, why? What keeps you from "jumping ship"?

My reasons are: I'm too far, too deep invested into the ecosystem. I'm sold on the one ecosystem dream. I always back the underdog. You?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Plenty of doom and gloom everywhere. I've used Windows Mobile since 2003. Then Windows Phone from 2010. Then Windows 10 Mobile since day 1.

There have been app gaps, there still are.
There have been missing features like copy and paste.
There have been bugs like random reboots.
There has recently been Pok?mon Go. I'm still here.

If you've stayed with Microsoft's mobile operating system for a long time and are seeing yourself as one who will still be here till the last Windows Phone is sat on the shelf, why? What keeps you from "jumping ship"?

My reasons are: I'm too far, too deep invested into the ecosystem. I'm sold on the one ecosystem dream. I always back the underdog. You?

Twitt the same to Dona, and let's see the answer, considering she is working twice than Gabe....

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
To me the phone has almost every thing I want (Apart from Skype and getting calling from the PC is sorted out).

Compared to the other systems Windows is far ahead in this way and like you I want that "ecosystem", so my alternative would be jump ship entirely to Mac or Ubuntu, but I feel Windows is a better bet.

I have a banking app, I don't drink coffee, I don't play many games and I hate downloading an app and then deleting it, whereas with Universal apps almost everything I do on the phone, tablet or desktop is replicated across the devices.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm still sold on how it surfaces the information and tools I want on my mobile and the growing universality of Windows across devices is the cherry on the parfait.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I keep my 950 on wifi just to see what is happening in Windows land. Hopefully they will one day get enough of the core features I want to use it as my sole device buts it's just not there yet. But I hold on to it and try occasionally. Would really like to see a third alternative att some point.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I dislike Apple (everything proprietary, overpriced mediocre hardware) and android is rife with bloatware, malware, and gets laggy.

So basically there's nowhere else for me to go. I had a core group of friends that all had WP phones ever since our days with the Samsung Focus. I'm the last holdout. They've all gotten iPhones.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing missing from the app store that I need.
I like the OS; Android is jumbled and chaotic to me. Same with Iphones, I don't like either. I also don't want to pay an exorbitant amount for a cellphone.
My longest lasting phones have been Nokia Windows phones.
My most durable (surviving countless drops, roughness) have been Nokia Windows phones. I am on my first non-Nokia Windows phone with the 640, hoping not much has changed!

Right now, the only way I'd switch, is if Microsoft killed off Windows Mobile.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sold on the one ecosystem dream.

this

and i hate the alternatives more than the bugs here

btw have you guys noticed how cheap windows phones get after a while? lol to think that i paid full price and shipping for a 928 shortly after launch, now i cant even think of giving 300$ for a 950

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Only two reasons....1) continuum. My phone is also my daily desktop....2) system buy in, I have an Xbox one, Microsoft band 2, surface pro 3 and 4, Lumia 950 & 1520 and three other W10 laptops. I'm all in

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I happened to like the interface and how Windows Mobile works and how well it works with Windows 10 Desktop OS. I like the different unique platform and ecosystem. It's easy to manage. Continuum. Live Tiles.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It just works.

Majority of people with iphones and samsungs spend allll that money to do what... WhatsApp , Facebook and Instagram.

I can do that just fine on my 640 , thank you very much.

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
The whole reason I bought a smartphone in the first place was so that I wouldn't be chained to my desk all day. I am more efficient with a Windows phone than anything else. The power of person-based reminders has been a game changer for me, directly managing 100 people. I am trying to downsize my life, not add things to it. As such, I don't want Pok?mon or Clash of Clans or anything like that.

Last edited:

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Me I'm one of them odd balls that push call and it's a phone.
The rest of it's a very big bonus.
Especially the part where I can sync back and forth between all my Windows 10 devices.

I started off with a Windows95 yard sale computer and and a Motorola MicroTac mobile phone. ( the brick). I was rather happy then to...kinda. Just the BSOD's, send error reports, IE5.5, Network Neighborhood configuring, the sound of the dial-up and to many desktop shortcuts that would bog your system down to name a few.

Tongue in cheek...
If your unhappy with Windows 10 perhaps choose the old Windows Tada startup sound as your one and only notification sound on your device.��:winktongue:

Last edited:

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I like Windows ecosystem. I've played games like Age of empires and Baldur's gate on PC when I was little, and learned slowly about OS that run those stuff. Over the years, being productive become really important, doing Word, Power point, Excel, browsing and writing mails. I bought Nokia phones and was amazed how they worked so nice and their quality. On my last symbian I put some Windows 7 emulator and became fond of Live tiles. I've tried other OS like Linux and Mac, other devices like iPod, iPhone and stuff, but still I'm finding Windows ecosystem to work best for my tastes.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The camera won me in the 1020, the tile interface with picture background is just great, the stability, the speed, the predictability now with windows 10 across devices, the ease of typing, great backup services, etc

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I can be more productive with Windows Phone. I also enjoy using the platform and I am invested in other Microsoft systems too so it was a logical choice.

MOSkorpion

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I will Switch to Android soon because it works 100% with the Windows Eco-System.

The App-Gap dont really touch me but the fact that Microsoft is going to "Restart" on the Business and the marked share is under 1%, holds me from thinking that there is a future for Windows Mobile.
They threaded me with not giving W10 to my 1020, "Here" is no more on Windows Mobile, everything is also available on Android and they dont say nothing good about the Future of Windows 10 Mobile. Im sure they will Keep Windows Mobile alive for a Long time but thats not enough for me. For the Money i want to pay i can expact much more. It is now 1 Year after W10 Comes out and there is still no "BOOM" noticeable in the Store. AND i can still come back when i Need a new phone some years ago and Windows Mobile is good enough.

I will miss the Home-Screen :)

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm rather new to the OS, only the last couple of years. The ecosystem, as others have mentioned, is what is keeping me with my 950 and 640. Nothing beats it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm rather new to the OS, only the last couple of years. The ecosystem, as others have mentioned, is what is keeping me with my 950 and 640. Nothing beats it.

you've given me the hypothesis that those users who used to use windows for a long time on mobile have something to gripe about while users like you and me who came on board when 8 was released have a lot of optimism

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb