Major battery drain on 10.0.10586.494

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Battery burn has worsened considerably after upgrading to 10.0.10586.494 on both a Lumia 950 and Lumia 830.

The 830 now can barely go 10 hours without draining and the 950 only about 12-13 hours. This is light usage - no GPS, streaming or gaming.

I only mention it here because battery life before this upgrade was fine - lasting about all day.

Any one experiencing this.

anon(9967517)

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I've also got this issue with .494 on my L930. Tested yesterday AM, took device off charge @100% and within three hours it was down sub 50% and I had not touched it at all. Zero use. System usage was up at 43%, this is usually sub 10% on my device. I've also noticed that Microsoft Health app is using over 20% for background usage. This use to be sub 1%!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've also got this issue with .494 on my L930. Tested yesterday AM, took device off charge @100% and within three hours it was down sub 50% and I had not touched it at all. Zero use. System usage was up at 43%, this is usually sub 10% on my device. I've also noticed that Microsoft Health app is using over 20% for background usage. This use to be sub 1%!

Microsoft Healt is a know iussue, update it or better uninstall for now

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to .494 when it was pushed to my 950XL (US dual sim unlocked)
I can confirm that battery life is worse than before the update - before i could leave the phone untouched (doing its thing updating email etc. in the background) and come back after a while and the battery app i use to track % used, would show approx 2 to 3% per hour being used, but after the update its never been this, more like 4 - 6 % per hour, which of course means the battery will be used much quicker.
I do use microsoft health, but only to track the steps from the phone sensors - no external band.
Also, found that Outlook mail now has more issue with my Yahoo authentication and is constantly asking for me to confirm settings - so i wonder if that is not related to the battery usage?

KathDu

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Exact same problem on Lumia 1520, plus can't get Cortana to recognize my contacts or make calls for me. I'm thinking about uninstalling Windows 10 mobile on my phone or just throwing in the towel and getting an I-phone or Android device.

KathDu

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 needs to be charged twice a day now, especially I use Audible or Waze or other common programs. It's a joke, really. I'm ready to throw in the towel, and I've loved my Windows phones.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 needs to be charged twice a day now, especially I use Audible or Waze or other common programs. It's a joke, really. I'm ready to throw in the towel, and I've loved my Windows phones.

Supposedly it has been fixed in the fast ring. I was about to go RS, and my device wouldn't let me until I finished this update which is still ongoing. I just can't keep up with what's release and what's fast anymore. Can't wait for an official final build somewhere, sometime!

UgoCat

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
"Do 925 upgraded to windows 10 ? I am using insider on my gfs 925 and it is not updating at all."

Hi, i'm on the insider release preview ring.

rushimalji91

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Same here, mine is Lumia 640XL and battery is draining so rapidly without even operating the device, its jus works for 8-10hrs and need a charger again... also, my photos app is not getting refreshed, cant see my recent images...

ananon

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Same here. L830.

Not only is battery draining at 10-20% per hour, it's also draining my data plan. My phone has sent or downloaded almost a Gig in data in the past week. I didn't have much social time this week, so apart from my commute I have been on Wifi nearly 100% of the time. It's all 'Systems' that's burning through the data plan, not one of my actual apps (who combined have spent less than 200mb since the beginning of the month).

It is also crashing multiple times a day.

*sigh*

My phone is getting old and needs replacement soon. Although I have been a staunch advocate for years of the best mobile operating system in existence (WP8.1), I may be forced to downgrade back to iphone/android.

UgoCat

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone is getting old and needs replacement soon. Although I have been a staunch advocate for years of the best mobile operating system in existence (WP8.1), I may be forced to downgrade back to iphone/android.

Same here, after all what else i can do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077