Is Messenger Incredibly Laggy For Anyone Else?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm fresh off of a hard reset from maybe 3 days ago but on my 640 xl, the messenger app is incredibly slow almost unbearable to use
Typing sentences are laggy to the point where when typing a sentence sometimes the words you type don't come up til 30 seconds or more later, and touching one of the auto suggested words takes about the same time to appear in the text field. Is this happening to anyone else?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm fresh off of a hard reset from maybe 3 days ago but on my 640 xl, the messenger app is incredibly slow almost unbearable to use
Typing sentences are laggy to the point where when typing a sentence sometimes the words you type don't come up til 30 seconds or more later, and touching one of the auto suggested words takes about the same time to appear in the text field. Is this happening to anyone else?

>Your phone is still busy updating and caching all other core / 3rd party apps. Check store for pending list, Battery for app usage

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Doubt it. My fiance's L640 is having trouble and her phone isn't updating/caching since that all completed yesterday. It started sometime over night.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
>Your phone is still busy updating and caching all other core / 3rd party apps. Check store for pending list, Battery for app usage
Nothing pending in my store and messenger is the only app that lags like that aside from beta facebook

Sent from Lumia 640 XL

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Doubt it. My fiance's L640 is having trouble and her phone isn't updating/caching since that all completed yesterday. It started sometime over night.

"Overnight" there was another update apps / builds wave. Remember you are fresh of hard reset, your phone has to learn your typin behaviours (check Settings, Text ,Let Microsoft learn how I'm typing)

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
"Overnight" there was another update apps / builds wave. Remember you are fresh of hard reset, your phone has to learn your typin behaviours (check Settings, Text ,Let Microsoft learn how I'm typing)
No, I'm not. And no, there weren't. All of the updates had been completed by that point.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
the iOS port right? quick answer: you shouldn't have updated, my 8.1 app is happily serving me now and I left that "update" pending in the store, where it will stay forever

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
the iOS port right? quick answer: you shouldn't have updated, my 8.1 app is happily serving me now and I left that "update" pending in the store, where it will stay forever
I'm sure a update will fix the issue. The 8.1 app is outdated and has connection issues. U can't do half the things on that old app that u can on the new app

Sent from Lumia 640 XL

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure a update will fix the issue. The 8.1 app is outdated and has connection issues. U can't do half the things on that old app that u can on the new app

Sent from Lumia 640 XL

what connection issues? i assure you i can do that "half things" with 100% reliability over the "new" , this very thread supports my statement

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
what connection issues? i assure you i can do that "half things" with 100% reliability over the "new" , this very thread supports my statement
The old app would struggle to connect at times when initially opening the app or multitasking back to the app. On the old app u cant view gifs,u can't upload videos from storage, can't play any of the games, can't manage chat colors or nicknames... Ur missing out on alot of things. The stability issues with the new app just sprung up it worked fine for me when it was first released. It gets frequent updates....when was the last time the 8.1 app was updated?

Sent from Lumia 640 XL

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I have it on a l535 and l640. For me, it's kind of slow to load and sluggish overall, animatons aren't very fluid, but definetely not unbearable, yet. These ios ports from facebook aren't very optimal at all, but maybe it's better than nothing. Wonder how better these apps would be if they were using the microsoft's tools instead of facebook's osmeta.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The old app would struggle to connect at times when initially opening the app or multitasking back to the app. On the old app u cant view gifs,u can't upload videos from storage, can't play any of the games, can't manage chat colors or nicknames... Ur missing out on alot of things. The stability issues with the new app just sprung up it worked fine for me when it was first released. It gets frequent updates....when was the last time the 8.1 app was updated?

Sent from Lumia 640 XL

the list of things it doesnt do that the 8.1 app did is just as long

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
the list of things it doesnt do that the 8.1 app did is just as long
But the most important thing is the Windows 10 app is supported with updates. It's been a few years since the 8.1 app has been updated any api change or back end change can break that app rendering it useless

Sent from Lumia 640 XL

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Holy off topic Batman!

Back to original topic of messaging...I see the same (at times) of slow typing, a lot of missed letters that cause misspellings. Biggest complaint, though is the freezing of the messaging app and phone. At times, the phone freezes when I click the send arrow simply reply to a text message. It won't even power down, that screen freezes, too. I have to hold the power button until it forces a restart. Then of course I get the SD is corrupt message and a question to scan. Happens way too often.

Lumia 735 on Verizon.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
it is slow, recently was invited to school reunion group on Messenger and it sticks like hell, we migrated to Skype, i'm using Skype Preview and it's working great.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by ttsoldier
It does suck. The app is a poor port.

The one on Windows 10 works great. The one on mobile sucks.

its the same app, pcs just have so much cpu headroom that it doesnt matter how bad they code it, nor how fine tuned the interface is, mouse and kb is foolproof

only problem on pc is that my phone will keep ringing while i chat on pc messenger, it doesnt happen with a 3rd party "desktop messenger" that is essentially a web wrapper with black theme and even drag and drop file transfers

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Same here, although I find this true only when I used the Beta version of the Messenger app on mobile (using it on my L830). The non-Beta version that I used before was alright, I guess. It was kinda smooth for me, with few minor hiccups in between. Might uninstall the beta version for the official one to see if that't the cause

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been using it all day today and it's fine. I'm on the 950xl latest redstone. The only problem is that it takes a bit to load initially. A good 8 seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte