Will all phones have Panorama after AU ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes the screen rotates when turning camera.
There is some sort of hardware missing in older phones that is needed in order for the panorama to work. My apologies if I'm wrong and cant remember where I seen it. Something along the lines of a compass.

I think panorama should work since your screen already knows when it is in upright or horizontal mode. But you could be right too

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by gbm97
Originally Posted by Chintan Gohel
so when you rotate your phone, the screen doesn't auto rotate in camera?

Yes the screen rotates when turning camera.
There is some sort of hardware missing in older phones that is needed in order for the panorama to work. My apologies if I'm wrong and cant remember where I seen it. Something along the lines of a compass.
Actually Rinsins post above mentioned it as well.

it "can" work with nothing more than the camera itself, detecting how you pan the scene from side to side, which is the chunkiest method ever, they probably wont even bother enabling that, results are mostly bad unless you're shooting outdoors at noon

and yes a compass is what's optimal for panorama shoots, as it accurately enough detects how your phone rotates if you calibrate it first of course, same as on maps app

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
it "can" work with nothing more than the camera itself, detecting how you pan the scene from side to side, which is the chunkiest method ever, they probably wont even bother enabling that, results are mostly bad unless you're shooting outdoors at noon

and yes a compass is what's optimal for panorama shoots, as it accurately enough detects how your phone rotates if you calibrate it first of course, same as on maps app

Thanks for the that info.
Surely I can find a third party camera panorama app I can download that works.
Any ideas. I like panorama.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm the guy with the old clunky Lumia 435 without the glamour, luster, chrome bezels and the status that goes with it.
I know I'm out of luck for getting panorama mode. It would only make sense.
My phone has no gyro compass or whatever gadget into it...from what I gather.

Thanks for your reply.
Are you on Insider Fast Ring ?

Last edited:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the that info.
Surely I can find a third party camera panorama app I can download that works.
Any ideas. I like panorama.

Like I said before,in 8.1 Lumia Panorama worked fine and I enjoyed taking panoramas on my 535DS.Now with W10,whenever I take a panorama with Lumia Panorama or other third party apps like AutoPanorama the photos come out okay but after that when I use my normal Camera or any other camera dependent app like QR scanner or Office Lens,it does not work and gives an error code and makes me soft reset or restart to get it working.This has made me stop using Lumia Panorama on W10.
Diorama does not work on my phone.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

A panorama taken with my 535 DS which does not have a compass and before upgrading to Windows 10 -
WP_20150717_16_33_07_Panorama.jpg

It was a rainy morning.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Rinsun
Originally Posted by EspHack

A panorama taken with my 535 DS which does not have a compass and before upgrading to Windows 10 -
attachment.php

It was a rainy morning.

try that indoors

Pradeep Subramanian

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I used Lumia Panorama quite frequently while on Windows 8.1 on my 535DS without any problems .Now on W10,after I use Lumia Panorama,my main Camera app shows error , working properly only after a soft reset.This happened quite a few times so I stopped using Lumia Panorama on W10. I had been hoping that panorama would be released to Camera .
Anyone with a 535/540/532/435 on Fast Insider, please could you confirm whether you got Panorama with the latest update to the Camera app ?
Thanks in advance !
I'm using Lumia 535, i didn't get the panorama option 😢

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Pradeep Subramanian
I used Lumia Panorama quite frequently while on Windows 8.1 on my 535DS without any problems .Now on W10,after I use Lumia Panorama,my main Camera app shows error , working properly only after a soft reset.This happened quite a few times so I stopped using Lumia Panorama on W10. I had been hoping that panorama would be released to Camera .
Anyone with a 535/540/532/435 on Fast Insider, please could you confirm whether you got Panorama with the latest update to the Camera app ?
Thanks in advance !
I'm using Lumia 535, i didn't get the panorama option 😢

Thanks for your reply .
Are you on Fast Insider?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply .
Are you on Fast Insider?

Check carefully the app version. I did a HW last morning, everything gone fine, I get back Fast ring but I'm not able to get very last Photo app. That's the iussue, not devices

EDIT:
last Photo app with Panorama is 2016.715.21.0 for Mobile

Last app for everyone else is 2016.404.191.0

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 535, i didn't get the panorama option 

Check carefully the app version. I did a HW last morning, everything gone fine, I get back Fast ring but I'm not able to get very last Photo app. That's the iussue, not devices

EDIT:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

EDIT:

I have 2016.404.191.0 (Camera)
But I am a non Insider.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Its a multi step process but I still very much like Microsoft's Image Composite Editor.
The only chance to get a kinda panorama photo using an old Lumia 435 on Windows 10 such as mine.
You can see the stitching between the two shots.
Always a challenge to overlap correctly.

1_stitch.jpg

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Its a multi step process but I still very much like Microsoft's Image Composite Editor.
The only chance to get a kinda panorama photo using an old Lumia 435 on Windows 10 such as mine.
You can see the stitching between the two shots.
Always a challenge to overlap correctly.

View attachment 128822

Sorry for my ignorance but did you stitch it on your PC after taking the photos on your phone ?
Have you used Lumia Panorama on your 435 after upgrading to Windows 10 ? Did you have any problems ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting a bit lost- can anyone share the specific article where it was mentioned some devices cannot get the panorama feature in redstone/anniversary update?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting a bit lost- can anyone share the specific article where it was mentioned some devices cannot get the panorama feature in redstone/anniversary update?

People with 535 & 540 have commented in the comments section of this article that they have not got Panorama with Camera app update despite being on Fast Insider -
Windows 10 Mobile's Camera app adds long-awaited Panorama mode | Windows Central

Also in the AppRaisin app & MS Power User article comments there have been similar comments-
http://mspoweruser.com/can-now-take-panorama-photos-windows-10-anniversary-update-device/

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
People with 535 & 540 have commented in the comments section of this article that they have not got Panorama with Camera app update despite being on Fast Insider -
Windows 10 Mobile's Camera app adds long-awaited Panorama mode | Windows Central

Also in the AppRaisin app & MS Power User article comments there have been similar comments-
You can now take panorama photos on Windows 10 Anniversary Update devices - MSPoweruser

I see. So it's more of a question of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos