08-27-2016 04:38 AM
94 123 ...
tools
    I am reading in the Forums that Panorama has not been enabled on all phones on Insider Fast Ring with update to their Camera app.
    Does this mean that all phones with W10 will not get Panorama after 2nd August ?
    07-21-2016 08:49 AM
    All phones should get panorama. Even the ones on 10586 (I think, don't hold my word for that one), since it's an app update, it's not system specific.
    07-21-2016 09:08 AM
    I'm guessing it is probably phone dependent for sure (for how well it will work that is).
    BenLumia likes this.
    07-21-2016 09:08 AM
    I read in the comments in Forums that it is ' sweep Panorama' with the latest update to Camera in Fast Insider and it is not available on phones without a digital compass .
    07-21-2016 09:55 AM
    I read in the comments in Forums that it is ' sweep Panorama' with the latest update to Camera in Fast Insider and it is not available on phones without a digital compass .
    False, I got a 650 (no compass) , I got Panorama inside Camera app and it works flawlessy (it uses tilt sensors)
    07-21-2016 09:59 AM
    False, I got a 650 (no compass) , I got Panorama inside Camera app and it works flawlessy (it uses tilt sensors)
    What about phones without digital compass and those that came with W 8.1 out of the box,later upgrading to W10 mobile ?
    Owners of these phones are saying that they did not get Panorama with the update (535,540,532)
    libra89 and theefman like this.
    07-21-2016 10:22 AM
    What about phones without digital compass and those that came with W 8.1 out of the box,later upgrading to W10 mobile ?
    Owners of these phones are saying that they did not get Panorama with the update (535,540,532)
    For what I know, all fast ring insiders got Panorama in new Camera app (see Windows Central article and Dona tweet about that).
    First I though it was a setting or a filter, then after minutes I noticed a 3rd new almost invisible unusual button on the left of the central Shoot :P
    07-21-2016 10:28 AM
    For what I know, all fast ring insiders got Panorama in new Camera app (see Windows Central article and Dona tweet about that).
    First I though it was a setting or a filter, then after minutes I noticed a 3rd new almost invisible unusual button on the left of the central Shoot :P
    I meant the comments below the Windows Central article and also comments in AppRaisin where these phone owners were disappointed that they did not get it.
    650 owners said they got it.
    07-21-2016 10:32 AM
    they seem to be inching towards making old phones obsolete by any means possible, they claimed the new skype preview is only for redstone since it has an specific hardware noise cancelling feature thing, which is probably present on 1% of wp hardware today(950, x3, jade primo) so not coming to TH2, now they will probably have some argument here for panorama being RS1 only
    xandros9, libra89, Rinsun and 1 others like this.
    07-21-2016 04:02 PM
    A year ago they said hyperlapse app couldn't run on some phones and yet they released it for those same phones that couldn't run hyperlapse app - so this can go either way
    Rinsun likes this.
    07-22-2016 02:50 PM
    Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
    A year ago they said hyperlapse app couldn't run on some phones and yet they released it for those same phones that couldn't run hyperlapse app - so this can go either way
    yea but if it requires the most minimum investment to make it run on certain devices they just cant do it, I believe they simply dont have the resources, so if say a certain app made for a 650 happens to run without any further work on a 640, fine, released for everyone, but if the 640 for some reason needs a minor tweak, it simply gets cut
    Rinsun likes this.
    07-22-2016 02:55 PM
    I did not get panorama on my 950 for some odd reason (fast ring)
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    07-22-2016 10:02 PM
    check for both OS and app updates
    07-23-2016 01:18 AM
    check his post and confirm
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    07-23-2016 01:19 AM
    I used Lumia Panorama quite frequently while on Windows 8.1 on my 535DS without any problems .Now on W10,after I use Lumia Panorama,my main Camera app shows error , working properly only after a soft reset.This happened quite a few times so I stopped using Lumia Panorama on W10. I had been hoping that panorama would be released to Camera .
    Anyone with a 535/540/532/435 on Fast Insider, please could you confirm whether you got Panorama with the latest update to the Camera app ?
    Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by Rinsun; 07-23-2016 at 03:55 AM.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-23-2016 03:35 AM
    ok, now I already received the panorama on fast ring (store seems to be pretty slow to show update)
    07-23-2016 11:28 AM
    ok, now I already received the panorama on fast ring (store seems to be pretty slow to show update)
    You should check manually if adviced. Store check itself once a day
    07-23-2016 11:56 AM
    Hi I'm the guy with the old clunky Lumia 435 without the glamour, luster, chrome bezels and the status that goes with it.
    I know I'm out of luck for getting panorama mode. It would only make sense.
    My phone has no gyro compass or whatever gadget into it...from what I gather.
    Rinsun likes this.
    07-23-2016 01:43 PM
    Hi I'm the guy with the old clunky Lumia 435 without the glamour, luster, chrome bezels and the status that goes with it.
    so when you rotate your phone, the screen doesn't auto rotate in camera?
    Rinsun likes this.
    07-23-2016 01:55 PM

Yes the screen rotates when turning camera.
    There is some sort of hardware missing in older phones that is needed in order for the panorama to work. My apologies if I'm wrong and cant remember where I seen it. Something along the lines of a compass.
    Actually Rinsins post above mentioned it as well.
    Rinsun likes this.
    07-23-2016 02:01 PM
    There is some sort of hardware missing in older phones that is needed in order for the panorama to work. My apologies if I'm wrong and cant remember where I seen it. Something along the lines of a compass.
    I think panorama should work since your screen already knows when it is in upright or horizontal mode. But you could be right too
    gbm97 and Rinsun like this.
    07-23-2016 02:03 PM
    Originally posted by gbm97
    Originally Posted by Chintan Gohel

Actually Rinsins post above mentioned it as well.
    it "can" work with nothing more than the camera itself, detecting how you pan the scene from side to side, which is the chunkiest method ever, they probably wont even bother enabling that, results are mostly bad unless you're shooting outdoors at noon

and yes a compass is what's optimal for panorama shoots, as it accurately enough detects how your phone rotates if you calibrate it first of course, same as on maps app
    Rinsun and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-23-2016 03:42 PM
    it "can" work with nothing more than the camera itself, detecting how you pan the scene from side to side, which is the chunkiest method ever, they probably wont even bother enabling that, results are mostly bad unless you're shooting outdoors at noon

and yes a compass is what's optimal for panorama shoots, as it accurately enough detects how your phone rotates if you calibrate it first of course, same as on maps app
    Thanks for the that info.
    Surely I can find a third party camera panorama app I can download that works.
    Any ideas. I like panorama.
    Rinsun likes this.
    07-23-2016 04:05 PM
    I checked it manually, I don't like auto update
    07-23-2016 10:43 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    Are you on Insider Fast Ring ?
    Last edited by Rinsun; 07-24-2016 at 12:40 AM.
    07-24-2016 12:25 AM
94 123 ...