Issues with Lumia 1520 on Windows Phone 10

yasir152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've had Windows Phone 10 on my Lumia 1520 for a while now and am on version 10.0.10586.494 but have a couple of niggly problems

1. When I Lock the screen and then want to unlock to enter pin, the keypad jumps and enter keys when I dont want it. To resolve this I have to press power button again to lock and then press again to unlock

2. When I leave a WIFI area which I've already connected to and then return after a while it doesnt re-connect. I have to resort to rebooting the phone to get it to connect to WIFI again.

3. Navigation voice commands do not work when connected to Bluetooth car phone system.

I have factory reset my phone and restored my settings from backup but these issues still occur.

Anyone else experienced these issues and any thoughts on how they can be resolved?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've had Windows Phone 10 on my Lumia 1520 for a while now and am on version 10.0.10586.494 but have a couple of niggly problems

1. When I Lock the screen and then want to unlock to enter pin, the keypad jumps and enter keys when I dont want it. To resolve this I have to press power button again to lock and then press again to unlock
Sounds like the phantom touch issue w Lumia 1520 - I had it, had NU digitizer installed.

2. When I leave a WIFI area which I've already connected to and then return after a while it doesnt re-connect. I have to resort to rebooting the phone to get it to connect to WIFI again.
Known issue corrected w Redstone builds. Indeed, not sure, but w my Lumia 1520, with WiFi off, it appeared to re-connect when I got home.

3. Navigation voice commands do not work when connected to Bluetooth car phone system. hmmm

I have factory reset my phone and restored my settings from backup but these issues still occur.

Anyone else experienced these issues and any thoughts on how they can be resolved?

See my comments (above)

yasir152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
See my comments (above)

Thanks for the advice. Regarding the phantom touch this only started in when I upgraded to windows 10 and only occurs at the lock screen so not sure how if it is a digitizer issue. Same goes for the bluetooth issue where voice commands do not work. If I turn off Bluetooth it's fine bit then its not connected to my car hands free kit. The wifi again only in windows 10 was fine on windows 8.1.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Come August 2nd, outside of the digitizer issue, these issues will likely go away. Just be sure to clean install it, start from scratch. It's like a computer and NEEDS to be wiped every now and then. Even iPhones and macs ;)

yasir152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Is the anniversary update coming on 2nd august? When i clean install should i also then not restore from a backup just start from clean slate?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Is the anniversary update coming on 2nd august? When i clean install should i also then not restore from a backup just start from clean slate?

Relax and follow the update when it will come. Don't upset.
Fixing or resets only if needed and LATER, if any iussue on single devices will begin

yasir152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Im not upset at all in fact im looking forward to the update. Was just asking if I should restore from backup once I reset my phone.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am using a 1520 as a backup device and I don't see any issues you mentioned. It an AT&T unlocked RM-940 variant running 14393.3. At this point, you may as well get enrolled in Windows Insider and upgrade to WM10 since the current Redstone builds are as good as the final build that will be released with the Anniversary update. Also make sure you don't restore from any backups while setting up your device. Sometimes these restores cause issues.

yasir152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I applied the anniversary update last week and all seems to be good with the device. The issues which I had with the gyrometer and the wifi seem to have been resolved. I did experience it once where wifi wasn't connecting and had to reboot my phone but its working better than before and battery life is now even better.
A new issue which I seem to have is some of the Tiles arent updating for example Facebook and Outlook Mail. I've re-pinned but it doesnt seem to have made a difference.

Cabo Blue

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 (att) seems to get more stable over time after updates.
Running AU.
WIFI seems to be resolved a far as I can tell with mine.
No hiccups.
But, your digitizer comment above seems to relate to what mine is doing.
I'm patient.
Just letting MS sort all of this out over time.
My 1520 is my test device for w10m use.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the phantom touch issue w Lumia 1520 - I had it, had NU digitizer installed.
Yo, I have the same issue, only it's way worse. Can you really only change the digitizer? I had to replace the whole screen module when the glass shattered, I've heard that you have to replace the whole thing on Nokias because that's how they make them. Also how much did it cost you? And did it solve your problem?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yo, I have the same issue, only it's way worse. Can you really only change the digitizer? I had to replace the whole screen module when the glass shattered, I've heard that you have to replace the whole thing on Nokias because that's how they make them. Also how much did it cost you? And did it solve your problem?

YES, the whole screen module (it does NOT come apart, easily) >> FIXED! no more phantom touches, been over a year ...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
YES, the whole screen module (it does NOT come apart, easily) >> FIXED! no more phantom touches, been over a year ...

****, man... I've already replaced my whole screen once because it shattered, and looks like I got some ****ty one that's only giving me problems. I'm not sure I want to spend another 150€ or something like that, especially on a 3+ year old phone. God damn, IDK what to do.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
****, man... I've already replaced my whole screen once because it shattered, and looks like I got some ****ty one that's only giving me problems. I'm not sure I want to spend another 150€ or something like that, especially on a 3+ year old phone. God damn, IDK what to do.

I hear ya, I still love my Lumia 1520, BUT with the price of the 950XL coming down ... I saw an article, today, about a special price cut (I believe in GB) ...
950XL for 367 (pounds) ... or something like that.
With the HP Elite X3 shipments on the horizon, may want to get a 950XL, or ....

yasir152

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I've been using my Lumia 1520 on the AU for a good few weeks now and I have to say I am really impressed. The battery life has significantly improved. It consumes only around 50% in 24 hours on normal usage. The digitizer issues doesnt seem to occur anymore and the WIFI issue issue is also resolved. Thanks Microsoft. I was seriously considering ditching my Lumia 1520 for an Android device say the Xiaomi Note 3 but these improvements have changed my mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss