Mobile Hotspot becomes "Limited Connectivity" after a while

adha_aiman

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Device: Lumia 650 DS

-I've had this issue since a few insider builds back. before that it works just fine. I usually connect to my Surface Pro 3 and the internet connection works. But after a set amount of time (around 10 minutes - 3 hours approx.), the connection becomes 'limited' on my PC. The phone shows the LTE signal, indicating the devices' connection 'seems' to be online, but an attempt to search anything via Edge will make the usual 'you have problems with your internet connectivity' status.
-The only known fix is by restarting the phone. going on and off off flight mode doesn't restore the network. I had done a hard reset once, but the problem persists.
-Is only my build buggy, or does anyone else have the same issue?

adha_aiman

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Interesting... I would say that it's a device defect, but it was working fine until a few insider builds back. Thing is, mine runs properly under the lock screen. Even when the screen is off the hotspot continues working. It... just stops connecting after said time.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it happens to me, after screen times out all devices connected get kicked and cant rejoin unless i restart the phone, this issue is affecting maybe half the community after they "fixed" it so they will just sweep it under the rug

adha_aiman

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Eh? But it's different on my device. Even after the screen times out, other devices can still connect to it. but until that certain amount of time, it becomes limited internet connectivity. It doesn't 'kick' the device. Or am I wrong about how I interpreted the word 'kick'?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It could be a carrier issue - I used to notice that after a couple of hours, my cellular connection would have no internet, not until I switch it off and then on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs