Problems with Messaging app after upgrading Lumia 640 to Windows 10

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Installed the Windows 10 upgrade on my AT&T Lumia 640 yesterday. Having multiple issues with text messaging.

1. The last 6 months of text messages are missing. Older ones are there.
  2. Some of the new messages I receive are showing as code, rather than the actual message.
  3. I texted photos to someone, but all they got was a blank message.

I've done both a soft and a hard reset.

I don't use my phone for much, but messaging is something I use heavily. I'm already on the cusp of dropping WP since my daughter wants Pokemon Go. If messaging is messed up, there just isn't a reason for me to stick with WP any longer.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Installed the Windows 10 upgrade on my AT&T Lumia 640 yesterday. Having multiple issues with text messaging.

1. The last 6 months of text messages are missing. Older ones are there.
  2. Some of the new messages I receive are showing as code, rather than the actual message.
  3. I texted photos to someone, but all they got was a blank message.

I've done both a soft and a hard reset.

I don't use my phone for much, but messaging is something I use heavily. I'm already on the cusp of dropping WP since my daughter wants Pokemon Go. If messaging is messed up, there just isn't a reason for me to stick with WP any longer.

Did you enabled messages sync in settings? Before did you left automatic bacup in 8.1?
Messaging cloud sync ans restore is pretty solid and works. Check your settings and chek it out in a few hours

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you enabled messages sync in settings? Before did you left automatic bacup in 8.1?
Messaging cloud sync ans restore is pretty solid and works. Check your settings and chek it out in a few hours

As far as I know, message sync and backup were enabled. My call history looks to have transferred over fine. I've changed phones a few other times in the past, and everything always restored fine. It's been 12 hours now. I'm guessing my messages are gone. :-(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know, message sync and backup were enabled. My call history looks to have transferred over fine. I've changed phones a few other times in the past, and everything always restored fine. It's been 12 hours now. I'm guessing my messages are gone. :-(

Yours is the single complain ain forum since month about that. I guess you'll find them back soon, if you are sure you didnt missed backup on 8.1.

Check Messages sync and backup now on 10 between Settings

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
36 hours later, the missing messages appeared. There were a few message threads with people (my wife included) where when I opened them, it would kick me out back to the main messaging screen, or it wouldn't let me type a reply. I ended having to delete those threads. Working fine now.

On an unrelated note, I've found WP10 a little slow. I realize I'm not running it on top end hardware. Just wasn't expecting it compared to how smooth WP8.1 ran.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
36 hours later, the missing messages appeared. There were a few message threads with people (my wife included) where when I opened them, it would kick me out back to the main messaging screen, or it wouldn't let me type a reply. I ended having to delete those threads. Working fine now.

On an unrelated note, I've found WP10 a little slow. I realize I'm not running it on top end hardware. Just wasn't expecting it compared to how smooth WP8.1 ran.

At last ;)

Win10 is much more complex and complete than 8.1 ... that's like comparing Seven to 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo