Hello,

Lumia 1520 user, today just updated from 8.1 to 10. Went through all the updates, even the extra one I was prompted to make after the 10 had been installed.

I am trying to find the setting in which I can change the tone of the text message. According to an info page here for a Lumia 950/950 XL, it is meant to be located in Settings - System - Notification and Actions however when I go to that section, text message/sms is not listed.

I have also read about doing something called a hard reset but I don't want to do that and then have to go to the trouble of reinstalling windows 10 again.

Any tips on how I can change the tone or where I am meant to be looking?

Thanks for your time!

From Sarah.
    07-24-2016 10:16 AM
    Hello,

Lumia 1520 user, today just updated from 8.1 to 10. Went through all the updates, even the extra one I was prompted to make after the 10 had been installed.

I am trying to find the setting in which I can change the tone of the text message. According to an info page here for a Lumia 950/950 XL, it is meant to be located in Settings - System - Notification and Actions however when I go to that section, text message/sms is not listed.

I have also read about doing something called a hard reset but I don't want to do that and then have to go to the trouble of reinstalling windows 10 again.

Thanks for your time!

From Sarah.
    Hi, and welcome.

Settings notifies are visible after first notification has come. Send yourself a sms and reboot your phone, so setting will appear
    ;)
    Cheers
    Hello,

Thanks for your time!

From Sarah.
    Hi, and welcome.

Settings notifies are visible after first notification has come. Send yourself a sms and reboot your phone, so setting will appear
    ;)
    Cheers
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 07-24-2016 at 12:42 PM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    07-24-2016 10:42 AM