4.Excel smart paste

Features
1 - never existed
2 -same as above
3-check in data sense
4 - depends on some models I think
5 - It might be coming in the newer updates

So I will replace "removed" with "missing"

essentially, you're trying to compare features or apps that you find in another platform with that on windows 10 mobile. Which begs the question - how long have you had the phone? It looks like you've just started using it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
essentially, you're trying to compare features or apps that you find in another platform with that on windows 10 mobile. Which begs the question - how long have you had the phone? It looks like you've just started using it
Yes I started using Lumia 540 in 1-7-2016
And please tell me if it would be better buying android device or these missing features will come by next update

Features
1 - never existed
2 -same as above
3-check in data sense
4 - depends on some models I think
5 - It might be coming in the newer updates

1- its on android devices , on galaxy tab 4
2- its on android that make half screen with app and second half with another app , also on galaxy tab 4
3 - what's data sense , or where is it?
4- in my phone I can customize brightness profile but low & medium & high not enough so it would be better if I have 5 like adding lowest & highest or makes it real time customize like android
5- i will be happy if it come

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I started using Lumia 540 in 1-7-2016
And please tell me if it would be better buying android device or these missing features will come by next update

1- its on android devices , on galaxy tab 4
2- its on android that make half screen with app and second half with another app , also on galaxy tab 4
3 - what's data sense , or where is it?
4- in my phone I can customize brightness profile but low & medium & high not enough so it would be better if I have 5 like adding lowest & highest or makes it real time customize like android
5- i will be happy if it come

There is no continuity between Android and Windows Phone. Features Windows Phone never had can not be "removed" regardless of what Android has. To use "remove" it must be there first to "remove."

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
There is no continuity between Android and Windows Phone. Features Windows Phone never had can not be "removed" regardless of what Android has. To use "remove" it must be there first to "remove."
Just language mistake , I'm not god at English , I'm from Egypt

so you better off gong back on android

I buy my Lumia to be special person ,
So I want to continue using it .
And I know little about c# can anyone tell me how to convert missing android apps to my phone

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
And I know little about c# can anyone tell me how to convert missing android apps to my phone
If we could do that, do you think we would be talking about the app gap right now? This was used to be called |Project Astoria|, a Microsoft vision to bring android and iOS apps to Windows 10. Well, you could ask them to tell you why they stopped working on something so much needed and asked by users. And in Microsoft, they know a lot about c#

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I buy my Lumia to be special person ,
So I want to continue using it .

no my man that's not how it works now, back when nokia was throwing colors around that was the case, not anymore, you cant go more generic than the 950's design

if you mean special by software, you can achieve the same looks using android launchers, or get a xiaomi mi 4 or something, they can sideload w10 along with android "I think" so don't believe me, do some research to be sure

btw you're a little late to the "we special few" party

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
If we could do that, do you think we would be talking about the app gap right now? This was used to be called |Project Astoria|, a Microsoft vision to bring android and iOS apps to Windows 10. Well, you could ask them to tell you why they stopped working on something so much needed and asked by users. And in Microsoft, they know a lot about c#
I don't know why they stopped working but I tried to start with easy app , lichess.apk , its written in js and universal app support js all what I have to do replacing android api With universal api , is it right?

no my man that's not how it works now, back when nokia was throwing colors around that was the case, not anymore, you cant go more generic than the 950's design

if you mean special by software, you can achieve the same looks using android launchers, or get a xiaomi mi 4 or something, they can sideload w10 along with android "I think" so don't believe me, do some research to be sure

btw you're a little late to the "we special few" party

I loved windows style but i need to get the missing apps
Can i install android on my lumia ?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I loved windows style but i need to get the missing apps
Can i install android on my lumia ?

Unfortunately, you won't get those missing apps anytime soon. If that really is a deal-breaker for you then unfortunately, as others have mentioned, you had better return back to Android. And no, you cannot run Android on a Windows Phone. The fact that you asked that question means your heart still lies with Android and so you would most likely be much happier going back there.

Sorry to sound negative but Windows Phone is completely different to Android. It has benefits and drawbacks and the biggest drawback is the lack of popular applications between the main OS platforms (Windows Phone, iOS, BlackBerry & Android). Those applications aren't going to come to Windows Phone, if at all, such as Snapchat. If you can live with that then Windows Phone is a great platform, and arguably better than Android, but, sadly, it's the apps that sells devices and drive marketshare and Windows Phone just doesn't have them.

This gives it a low market share so no developer even thinks to try to bridge the app gap and put their app on Windows Phone. It is a double-edge sword and it is how it is and probably will be for years to come.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just log into https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

And start looking at the huge amount of tutorials and information that's there.

However, you won't be able to port your popular Android apps (like Snapchat) to Windows Phone because those companies own that source code and the rights to those package files (Astoria was cancelled because people used it to download pirated APK files and install them).

You have a simple choice. Do you want the Windows Phone, or do you want the Apps?

You can't have both. There are, however, alternatives for some of those apps (there's plenty of YouTube apps around, for example).

Or just adjust to the new way of using Windows Phone.

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Just log into https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

And start looking at the huge amount of tutorials and information that's there.

However, you won't be able to port your popular Android apps (like Snapchat) to Windows Phone because those companies own that source code and the rights to those package files (Astoria was cancelled because people used it to download pirated APK files and install them).

You have a simple choice. Do you want the Windows Phone, or do you want the Apps?

You can't have both. There are, however, alternatives for some of those apps (there's plenty of YouTube apps around, for example).

Or just adjust to the new way of using Windows Phone.
First Log into developer.Microsoft needs money

Second can I have snapchat app without putting it in windows store
Or making an alternative for snapchat

Third thing, what's good in windows phone?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
First Log into developer.Microsoft needs money

Second can I have snapchat app without putting it in windows store
Or making an alternative for snapchat

Third thing, what's good in windows phone?

I didn't get you when you said Microsoft needs money - there's no payment for signing up as far as I can see
So how will you use it then?

What's good about a windows 10 mobile device is it's security, unique live tile interface, app management, continuum for some newer devices, word flow, camera software, ease of use with windows 10 devices etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo