My windows 10 mobile preview

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I didn't get you when you said Microsoft needs money - there's no payment for signing up as far as I can see
So how will you use it then?

What's good about a windows 10 mobile device is it's security, unique live tile interface, app management, continuum for some newer devices, word flow, camera software, ease of use with windows 10 devices etc

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/registration/AccountInfo

It says that I must have developer account to publish app

And developer account needs money

And yes I think that all these good things better than snapchat

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/registration/AccountInfo

It says that I must have developer account to publish app

And developer account needs money

And yes I think that all these good things better than snapchat

That's a fee that you pay once and you're done. In USD it's about 20 which isn't a lot considering you can publish as many apps as you like
In comparison, you need to pay 25USD for publishing in android and 99USD every year for IOS

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
First Log into developer.Microsoft needs money

Third thing, what's good in windows phone?
Windows Phone and Windows Mobile, have great looks, not complicated UI and better UX than iOS and Droid. Android lags, hangs, freezes, has few updates, silly names (lollypop etc) and does not evolve. Neither iOS does. Windows is way ahead in many terms, and competition just has the apps. Less specs are needed in order to run Windows, while Android hogs a ton of memory and CPU power. Cheap devices run Android for a few months and then lag, I have NEVER experienced that on ANY Lumia device i have had. Lumia 800, 925, 1020 (current). I do not like being left and abandoned by devs, but that is not an END OF THE WORLD scenario. Search for alternatives to Snapchat, or ask the developer to show merycy to us, WP users. OR, take a Lumia and a Galaxy phone, glue them back to back and you have the perfect 2 in one phone. A windows phone, with all the apps you need. Just flip it LOL!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone and Windows Mobile, have great looks, not complicated UI and better UX than iOS and Droid. Android lags, hangs, freezes, has few updates, silly names (lollypop etc) and does not evolve. Neither iOS does. Windows is way ahead in many terms, and competition just has the apps. Less specs are needed in order to run Windows, while Android hogs a ton of memory and CPU power. Cheap devices run Android for a few months and then lag, I have NEVER experienced that on ANY Lumia device i have had. Lumia 800, 925, 1020 (current). I do not like being left and abandoned by devs, but that is not an END OF THE WORLD scenario. Search for alternatives to Snapchat, or ask the developer to show merycy to us, WP users. OR, take a Lumia and a Galaxy phone, glue them back to back and you have the perfect 2 in one phone. A windows phone, with all the apps you need. Just flip it LOL!!!

that would be a insult to a windows device, being stuck together with a galaxy phone :winktongue:

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
That's a fee that you pay once and you're done. In USD it's about 20 which isn't a lot considering you can publish as many apps as you like
In comparison, you need to pay 25USD for publishing in android and 99USD every year for IOS
In Egypt its 133 ~ 13USD but ok I will join as it's one time
But how much i get from ads ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In Egypt its 133 ~ 13USD but ok I will join as it's one time
But how much i get from ads ?

I'm sure that's in the terms and conditions as well as being on you. Obviously the more your app gets used, the more the ad revenue if you choose to us that avenue. You can also consider charging for extra features in your apps the way Rudy Huyn does with 6tag (an excellent 3rd party app for instagram)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Third thing, what's good in windows phone?

its the alternative to 2 OSes I don't like, and it matches my pc, I like how everything matches and syncs, I would like to keep thinking this is kind of unique but something tells me an android user could get an even more "synched" experience, and the niceties left over from the good times, glance & double tap, native widescreen camera, pureview etc., hardware design could be a thing, but if they keep going same 950's direction I'd rather stop talking about design lol

Ahmed Hany2

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure that's in the terms and conditions as well as being on you. Obviously the more your app gets used, the more the ad revenue if you choose to us that avenue. You can also consider charging for extra features in your apps the way Rudy Huyn does with 6tag (an excellent 3rd party app for instagram)
I'm asking about money like 5$ for 10000 view

Is it more or less or not calculating by that way?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm asking about money like 5$ for 10000 view

Is it more or less or not calculating by that way?

I have to be a developer to answer your questions about that - sorry but I haven't started my own journey for developing apps for MS.
Since you've already checked the site for developing and publishing apps, they also have forums page -you can post developer related questions there :smile:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know why Microsoft make their apps for android & google don't make their apps for windows 10 mobile ?

that's going to be a very long discussion and we can only speculate

MS wants their services to be used by as many people as possible without any limitations such as OS. So they decided to develop their apps for android and ios so that they can more users using their services and get better data to improve their services

Google hasn't developed an app probably;y because of the low usage numbers of the windows mobile platform. However, the situation now is that we have universal windows platform through which you can develop apps for all form factors (pc, xbox, mobile, tablet) in one go. So the more devices that use windows 10, the more pressure Google will have to develop apps for the windows platform

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know why Microsoft make their apps for android & google don't make their apps for windows 10 mobile ?

That's a looong feud since years ago.
Once upon a time, there were official youtube and google maps apps on Windows 8 store. Then Google refused uprising its ssecurity standards to the new denim upgrade. A law feud started, only recently they paused it for not losing billion eachother.

But Google still refuses matching Windows Store security standard, no $ gains. But let MS fullfill Google Store with all apps, since a % is for Google itself.
Business are business...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Simply put:

Microsoft sees Android (and iPhone) users as customers
Google sees anyone not using Android as users of competing platforms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads