07-27-2016 04:40 AM
35 12
tools
    I have Lumia 540 from 1/7/2016
    So I wrote all my comments here
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!AlbQlubv43yvk3apWEiqcpQF6B_F
    So please any one solved problem or have a comment please help me and write a reply.
    07-24-2016 06:54 PM
    I have Lumia 540 from 1/7/2016
    So I wrote all my comments here
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!AlbQlubv43yvk3apWEiqcpQF6B_F
    So please any one solved problem or have a comment please help me and write a reply.
    can you post your issue directly here? Some of us cannot access onedrive from the network we use
    07-25-2016 01:08 AM
    Windows build : 10.0.10586.494
    Bugs:
    1.wrong automatic time in Cairo so I adjust it manually

Missing features :
    1.Sharing cellular data over USB
    2.Multi window
    3.Cellular data history diagram
    4.Custom brightness profile
    5.Force data connection on 3g instead of 2g

Missing applications :
    1.360 degree camera app
    2.Snapchat
    3.Google maps
    4.Net cut
    5.Piano tiles
    6.Retrica
    7.YouTube

Missing apps features :
    1.Messenger calls
    2.What's app style
    3.Delete skype contacts
    4.Excel smart paste
    Last edited by Ahmed Hany2; 07-25-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    07-25-2016 03:53 AM
    Most of those items haven't been "removed". They were never part of Windows Phone.
    07-25-2016 04:15 AM
    I'M comparing with android

So I will replace "removed" with "missing"
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-25-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    07-25-2016 04:22 AM
    Windows build : 10.0.10586.494
    Bugs:
    1.wrong automatic time in Cairo so I adjust it manually

Removed features :
    1.Sharing cellular data over USB
    2.Multi window
    3.Cellular data history diagram
    4.Custom brightness profile
    5.Force data connection on 3g instead of 2g

Removed applications :
    1.360 degree camera app
    2.Snapchat
    3.Google maps
    4.Net cut
    5.Piano tiles
    6.Retrica
    7.YouTube

Removed apps features :
    1.Messenger calls
    2.What's app style
    3.Delete skype contacts
    4.Excel smart paste
    Features
    1 - never existed
    2 -same as above
    3-check in data sense
    4 - depends on some models I think
    5 - It might be coming in the newer updates

So I will replace "removed" with "missing"
    essentially, you're trying to compare features or apps that you find in another platform with that on windows 10 mobile. Which begs the question - how long have you had the phone? It looks like you've just started using it
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-25-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    07-25-2016 05:44 AM
    essentially, you're trying to compare features or apps that you find in another platform with that on windows 10 mobile. Which begs the question - how long have you had the phone? It looks like you've just started using it
    Yes I started using Lumia 540 in 1-7-2016
    And please tell me if it would be better buying android device or these missing features will come by next update

Features
    1 - never existed
    2 -same as above
    3-check in data sense
    4 - depends on some models I think
    5 - It might be coming in the newer updates
    1- its on android devices , on galaxy tab 4
    2- its on android that make half screen with app and second half with another app , also on galaxy tab 4
    3 - what's data sense , or where is it?
    4- in my phone I can customize brightness profile but low & medium & high not enough so it would be better if I have 5 like adding lowest & highest or makes it real time customize like android
    5- i will be happy if it come
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-25-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    07-25-2016 04:18 PM
    Yes I started using Lumia 540 in 1-7-2016
    And please tell me if it would be better buying android device or these missing features will come by next update

1- its on android devices , on galaxy tab 4
    2- its on android that make half screen with app and second half with another app , also on galaxy tab 4
    3 - what's data sense , or where is it?
    4- in my phone I can customize brightness profile but low & medium & high not enough so it would be better if I have 5 like adding lowest & highest or makes it real time customize like android
    5- i will be happy if it come
    There is no continuity between Android and Windows Phone. Features Windows Phone never had can not be "removed" regardless of what Android has. To use "remove" it must be there first to "remove."
    realwarder likes this.
    07-25-2016 04:56 PM
    so you better off gong back on android
    07-25-2016 06:40 PM
    There is no continuity between Android and Windows Phone. Features Windows Phone never had can not be "removed" regardless of what Android has. To use "remove" it must be there first to "remove."
    Just language mistake , I'm not god at English , I'm from Egypt

so you better off gong back on android
    I buy my Lumia to be special person ,
    So I want to continue using it .
    And I know little about c# can anyone tell me how to convert missing android apps to my phone
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-26-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-25-2016 11:36 PM
    And I know little about c# can anyone tell me how to convert missing android apps to my phone
    If we could do that, do you think we would be talking about the app gap right now? This was used to be called |Project Astoria|, a Microsoft vision to bring android and iOS apps to Windows 10. Well, you could ask them to tell you why they stopped working on something so much needed and asked by users. And in Microsoft, they know a lot about c#
    07-25-2016 11:52 PM
    I buy my Lumia to be special person ,
    So I want to continue using it .
    no my man that's not how it works now, back when nokia was throwing colors around that was the case, not anymore, you cant go more generic than the 950's design

if you mean special by software, you can achieve the same looks using android launchers, or get a xiaomi mi 4 or something, they can sideload w10 along with android "I think" so don't believe me, do some research to be sure

btw you're a little late to the "we special few" party
    07-26-2016 12:04 AM
    If we could do that, do you think we would be talking about the app gap right now? This was used to be called |Project Astoria|, a Microsoft vision to bring android and iOS apps to Windows 10. Well, you could ask them to tell you why they stopped working on something so much needed and asked by users. And in Microsoft, they know a lot about c#
    I don't know why they stopped working but I tried to start with easy app , lichess.apk , its written in js and universal app support js all what I have to do replacing android api With universal api , is it right?

no my man that's not how it works now, back when nokia was throwing colors around that was the case, not anymore, you cant go more generic than the 950's design

if you mean special by software, you can achieve the same looks using android launchers, or get a xiaomi mi 4 or something, they can sideload w10 along with android "I think" so don't believe me, do some research to be sure

btw you're a little late to the "we special few" party
    I loved windows style but i need to get the missing apps
    Can i install android on my lumia ?
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-26-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    07-26-2016 12:50 AM
    Unfortunately, you won't get those missing apps anytime soon. If that really is a deal-breaker for you then unfortunately, as others have mentioned, you had better return back to Android. And no, you cannot run Android on a Windows Phone. The fact that you asked that question means your heart still lies with Android and so you would most likely be much happier going back there.

Sorry to sound negative but Windows Phone is completely different to Android. It has benefits and drawbacks and the biggest drawback is the lack of popular applications between the main OS platforms (Windows Phone, iOS, BlackBerry & Android). Those applications aren't going to come to Windows Phone, if at all, such as Snapchat. If you can live with that then Windows Phone is a great platform, and arguably better than Android, but, sadly, it's the apps that sells devices and drive marketshare and Windows Phone just doesn't have them.

This gives it a low market share so no developer even thinks to try to bridge the app gap and put their app on Windows Phone. It is a double-edge sword and it is how it is and probably will be for years to come.
    07-26-2016 01:00 AM
    no, you can't.
    07-26-2016 01:05 AM
    I don't know why they stopped working but I tried to start with easy app , lichess.apk , its written in js and universal app support js all what I have to do replacing android api With universal api , is it right?
    And what about that?
    07-26-2016 01:19 AM
    Just log into https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

And start looking at the huge amount of tutorials and information that's there.

However, you won't be able to port your popular Android apps (like Snapchat) to Windows Phone because those companies own that source code and the rights to those package files (Astoria was cancelled because people used it to download pirated APK files and install them).

You have a simple choice. Do you want the Windows Phone, or do you want the Apps?

You can't have both. There are, however, alternatives for some of those apps (there's plenty of YouTube apps around, for example).

Or just adjust to the new way of using Windows Phone.
    Chintan Gohel and realwarder like this.
    07-26-2016 02:28 AM
    Just log into https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

And start looking at the huge amount of tutorials and information that's there.

However, you won't be able to port your popular Android apps (like Snapchat) to Windows Phone because those companies own that source code and the rights to those package files (Astoria was cancelled because people used it to download pirated APK files and install them).

You have a simple choice. Do you want the Windows Phone, or do you want the Apps?

You can't have both. There are, however, alternatives for some of those apps (there's plenty of YouTube apps around, for example).

Or just adjust to the new way of using Windows Phone.
    First Log into developer.Microsoft needs money

Second can I have snapchat app without putting it in windows store
    Or making an alternative for snapchat

Third thing, what's good in windows phone?
    07-26-2016 03:34 AM

That isn't a cheap droid or obscene /unjustifiably overexpensive i-stuff, and that's full blended to our Win10 notebooks / desks
    07-26-2016 03:53 AM

Second can I have snapchat app without putting it in windows store
    Or making an alternative for snapchat

I didn't get you when you said Microsoft needs money - there's no payment for signing up as far as I can see
    So how will you use it then?

What's good about a windows 10 mobile device is it's security, unique live tile interface, app management, continuum for some newer devices, word flow, camera software, ease of use with windows 10 devices etc
    07-26-2016 04:05 AM
    I didn't get you when you said Microsoft needs money - there's no payment for signing up as far as I can see
    So how will you use it then?

What's good about a windows 10 mobile device is it's security, unique live tile interface, app management, continuum for some newer devices, word flow, camera software, ease of use with windows 10 devices etc
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...on/AccountInfo

It says that I must have developer account to publish app

And developer account needs money

And yes I think that all these good things better than snapchat
    07-26-2016 04:22 AM
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...on/AccountInfo

It says that I must have developer account to publish app

And developer account needs money

And yes I think that all these good things better than snapchat
    That's a fee that you pay once and you're done. In USD it's about 20 which isn't a lot considering you can publish as many apps as you like
    In comparison, you need to pay 25USD for publishing in android and 99USD every year for IOS
    07-26-2016 04:30 AM
    And what about that?
    Someone with more knowledge than me, might tell you. Not familliar with those things
    07-26-2016 05:14 AM
    There's a good reason why there's no Snapchat clients in the Windows Store, they get stopped by Snapchat.

Read here for more information.

How you can't get Snapchat on Windows Phone: The whole sorry saga | Windows Central

The basic advice is to move on with your life.
    07-26-2016 05:19 AM

Windows Phone and Windows Mobile, have great looks, not complicated UI and better UX than iOS and Droid. Android lags, hangs, freezes, has few updates, silly names (lollypop etc) and does not evolve. Neither iOS does. Windows is way ahead in many terms, and competition just has the apps. Less specs are needed in order to run Windows, while Android hogs a ton of memory and CPU power. Cheap devices run Android for a few months and then lag, I have NEVER experienced that on ANY Lumia device i have had. Lumia 800, 925, 1020 (current). I do not like being left and abandoned by devs, but that is not an END OF THE WORLD scenario. Search for alternatives to Snapchat, or ask the developer to show merycy to us, WP users. OR, take a Lumia and a Galaxy phone, glue them back to back and you have the perfect 2 in one phone. A windows phone, with all the apps you need. Just flip it LOL!!!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-26-2016 05:38 AM
35 12