Windows Phone Edge: touch keyboard pops up sometimes (momentarily)

chaau

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There are some web sites (mostly Australian news sites) that when navigating make the touch keyboard appear for a split second during loading. I assume that during loading of some ads a Javascript displays some input boxes and puts the input focus on them.

What occurred to me that these scripts may have create some smart iframes with url address of real websites (e.g. Amazon) with the username and password fields. Then the Edge's autocomplete would fill the fields and the script would steel it.

Is it technically possible? Have anyone seen this behaviour?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
autocomplete would only work if you had initially posted some info yourself, right? Autocomplete won't fill in my name on twitter username because I've never used it so it doesn't have anything to fill -that's an example

chaau

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. That's the point. I am not concerned about twitter, as I don't have one. However, what if they create forms that trick the browser that it is a login form of some banking website. If the autocomplete is not smart enough it will be quick to fill the form and expose the password. (not that I ever save my banking passwords)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. That's the point. I am not concerned about twitter, as I don't have one. However, what if they create forms that trick the browser that it is a login form of some banking website. If the autocomplete is not smart enough it will be quick to fill the form and expose the password. (not that I ever save my banking passwords)

Autocomplete is smart enough, considering phishing works only thanks to victim collaboration (a click or a tap to send).
If the victim does anything, nothing happens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos