Insider strange behavior, not persisting/sticking?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, maybe I'm just losing it, but I could've sworn, when you select a ring (say Release Preview), that the next time you go into the Insider app, you see that your'e in that same ring?

I've done this several times today, and it keeps wanting me to re-enroll, agree to terms, etc.
I had thought that previously, I just "enrolled" once in a ring, and it was there when I went back in? I did some quick searches, but I'm not finding much, on exact app/system expected behavior?

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
At least on the latest Redstone/AU preview builds, the Windows Insider App is obsolete and its functionality is incorporated into the Settings. I just checked my phone and it does show that I'm enrolled in the Fast Ring. I'm not sure if they have done the same for Threshold builds. It should remember what build you are signed up to receive, so there's something fishy going on if it keeps asking you to enroll each time.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
At least on the latest Redstone/AU preview builds, the Windows Insider App is obsolete and its functionality is incorporated into the Settings. I just checked my phone and it does show that I'm enrolled in the Fast Ring. I'm not sure if they have done the same for Threshold builds. It should remember what build you are signed up to receive, so there's something fishy going on if it keeps asking you to enroll each time.

Remove Insider apps, and use only the other

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb