Anniversary update (Mobile) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Any buddy approx tell me please size of update of anniversary update?
Specially who is in insider they give perfect answer to this question because they also passing through threshold update to redstone( anniversary update ).
Also

What amount of memory which i must keep free for update???

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Any buddy approx tell me please size of update of anniversary update?
Specially who is in insider they give perfect answer to this question because they also passing through threshold update to redstone( anniversary update ).
Also

What amount of memory which i must keep free for update???

2gb memory to be kept free in phone , Size of the update may vary from devices, should be anywhere near 600+ mb

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
probably in batches for the pc since they are so many - upgrades are never released en mass to the public but in waves so as to not overload the servers.

Last year I was lucky to get the W10 upgrade from 8.1 on 29th July and so was my son.However I got the Nov update (Th2) two days later.(Laptops)My son did not get it and downloaded it from ISO file.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Last year I was lucky to get the W10 upgrade from 8.1 on 29th July and so was my son.However I got the Nov update (Th2) two days later.(Laptops)My son did not get it and downloaded it from ISO file.

I got them the day they released - guess it's beneficial to be in a time zone that most users aren't in

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I got them the day they released - guess it's beneficial to be in a time zone that most users aren't in

In India updates are available around 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm local time.So sometimes do the updating the next day to avoid late nights.

Hoping to get the mobile update on 2nd itself.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey, i am planning to get 640 for my dad.can you share how is the battery backup,camera etc? My dad is old aged, he'll use his mobile mostly for calls, whatsapp etc .

Now in India 640 Dual sim out of stock if u want u can purchase Lumia 640 XL @ amazon.in at just 10,500₹.
Camera of xl also awesome with perfect battery.

sumukh phalle

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Phone is good but my and my cousin's phone facing unsolved problem. While charging a phone, it says "device charging slowly ...". In March, this problem forced me to change motherboard. And now from past month again I'm facing same problem. I am using WP since 2013 (WP8-WM10). So please don't buy this phone!
Originally posted by ak_r7
Hey, i am planning to get 640 for my dad.can you share how is the battery backup,camera etc? My dad is old aged, he'll use his mobile mostly for calls, whatsapp etc .
Originally Posted by prasanna moholkar
I hope i get update on same day ( 2 august @ 10.30 pm ) for my Lumia 640 India.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Phone is good but my and my cousin's phone facing unsolved problem. While charging a phone, it says "device charging slowly ...". In March, this problem forced me to change motherboard. And now from past month again I'm facing same problem. I am using WP since 2013 (WP8-WM10). So please don't buy this phone!

and check that the charger is okay - try a different charger or charging cable - my brother has the 640 and has no issues with charging

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

This used to happen sometimes on my 640XL. I was told to take out the battery and put it back. And guess what it works. Try it.

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I have the 640xl, It's a super phone, i bought it last May 2015, it comes with the windows 8.1 demmen OS but easy to get windows 10 installed.
IF you're Dad is kinda old like me, get the xl version. It's a shock when you 1st see it, it's f***ing huge. And i do mean big, i wanted to send mine back on the 14 day cool off guarantee, But i just fell in love with it, It's Big, has a 5.7inch display, but also while not Amoled, it looks great, it really looks great, and the Live tiles are great too, I don't use the extra Tiles(show more Tiles), but using the bigger Live Tiles is nice.
Also you have a Picture in the backround and i use Bing for Start, Now where do i use the insider stuff?

Battery on a 640xl is 3000mah, i was on insider till last June, that's over a year on Beta but the Battery held up, was at times some concern on the Hotspot, but with feedback it got solved for me.
Now Last June i had to use the role back windows program to install the production of windows 10 mobile. My only internet connection is the hotspot from my phone AND it did fix my Hotspot issues, i wish i could have contributed more.
No Battery worries.

Backup? Dad will have 5 GB of free backup, there is no more sim back up if that is what your thinking. your provider will supply the sms backup.
The phone will back up to OneDrive, just the start screen, settings, contacts, and your apps, The apps are only a link so will download again if a Hard reset.
OneDrive with Cortana is brilliant, works and syncs across all windows 10 devices.
Ok maybe your Dad has no use for Office 365, but if you set a Cortana reminder on your phone, it will sync to your windows 10 pc,
If like me and have to place the phone on a window ledge to receive good 3G coverage, and sitting 10 feet away.
Cortana is great, incoming text, i shout read it :smile:
I need to text someone, i use the PC to text :cool:

Camara on the 640xl is 13 mp and a 5mp front with HD i think, the 13 is HD for sure.
The 13mp main camera is good, a bit dark on low light video but most phones are also.
The front 5mp camera is great for Skype, Viber etc. If your video talking to a ios phone you get a bad deal.
Because they see you in 1080p and you are watching them on the 1.2mp ios crap.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I have question
If anniversary update of size 700 to 800 MB and if i make 3G pack of 1 Gb can it download on mobile data or Wi-Fi must required???
Please any buddy know let me know so that I make mobile data plan of 3G.
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro