Anniversary update (Mobile) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
MS is on old track ( pc prefer mobile later )always mobile late either windows 8,8.1 or windows 10 no matter.
Don't expect update for mobile on august 9 guys .
Expect update till end of year.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
What specifically is the issue ?

Battery life is dramatically worse than 494 (apps draining even though they have zero real use, suspect the meter is very inaccurate).
Store apps take minutes->hours to install, get "stalled" out.
Phone has crashed more times on me in the last 2 days than in the past 2 months.
Unlock is "sketchy", might work, might hang...
WiFi bounces all over, and re-enables itself, even when I have it set to "manual"

Yeah, I've filed a few issues/bugs, getting tiresome, need to figure out how to do it via PC/link.

Desktop has issues too, not really a discussion here, but I've crashed my desktop twice now in 3 days, more times than in 3+ months...

It's not exactly a "good showing" for the Anniversary update, I'm thinking 494 should've been it, features or no ;-]

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If I had to hazard a guess as to the delay for mobile, it would be the bluetooth issues and connectivity in general

Yeah, Bluetooth, for sure, I forgot this in my list. If you're not careful with BT settings, it's a mess...
WiFi is really iffy too, sometimes a small download takes 15+ minutes, like a couple of MB...

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
with AU does it gives the option in sim settings to use either 3g or 4g? currently on my 930 there is only 2 options 3g or 4g. i would like to have another one with both of them

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is dramatically worse than 494 (apps draining even though they have zero real use, suspect the meter is very inaccurate). My battery settled down after a soft reset
Store apps take minutes->hours to install, get "stalled" out. Have NOT had this issue, though I install to the device, not SDCard - check FREE space
Phone has crashed more times on me in the last 2 days than in the past 2 months. Phone has NOT crashed in months
Unlock is "sketchy", might work, might hang... NOT having any issues there
WiFi bounces all over, and re-enables itself, even when I have it set to "manual" NO WiFi issues - gets & holds a connection

Yeah, I've filed a few issues/bugs, getting tiresome, need to figure out how to do it via PC/link.

You may need a Hard Reset (after you try a Soft reset)

It's not exactly a "good showing" for the Anniversary update, I'm thinking 494 should've been it, features or no ;-]
I'm running Version 1607, OS Build ...14393.5, the latest & it's smooth as silk for me on a LUMIA 1520.
I've commented (above).

Curious, what device are you having issues on?
... and my question was for abishek singh21

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
with AU does it gives the option in sim settings to use either 3g or 4g? currently on my 930 there is only 2 options 3g or 4g. i would like to have another one with both of them

On my 650, there's 3 opts: 3G + 4G only, 3G only, 4G only. On "3G + 4G only" there's a warning "You could be unable to connect to 2G areas when upper unable"

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Version 1607, OS Build ...14393.5, the latest & it's smooth as silk for me on a LUMIA 1520.
I've commented (above).

Curious, what device are you having issues on?
... and my question was for abishek singh21

I've done two soft-resets now, I'm avoiding a hard-reset, since the last several times I've had to go in and re-do almost all my settings, backup always does a partial restore with a "we weren't able to restore some of your ...".

I have 89GB of free space, on my relatively fast (80-90 read/30-40 write) SD. It's never been an issue, until 14393.5. Downloads stall out, constantly, someone else just posted about the same thing (new thread). Multiple restarts required for each, to get them to complete.

My network stays connected, but often jumps over to my 2GHz network, despite my APs being set to force preference for 5GHz. It's the ONLY device in the house that does this, the other two phones on 494 stay solidly on the 5GHz, all day. I'm lucky if I can get this device to stay on it for 5-10 minutes.

I had basically zero issues with hangs and unlock, for 14393 builds, again 494 Threshold was great here (other than optical scan has always been slow).

Yeah, it's smooth, no question, but a bunch of stuff is broken, so being able to smoothly access broken features, well...

I don't know, maybe I should bite the bullet and do a reset, I'm just not of the mindset that we should be needing to do hard-rests all the time.
I haven't reset my desktop OS since early in the Win7 builds, the last time I did a fresh setup there, it's just been upgraded, with very few issues at all.

I'm a HUGE Win Phone fan, just not this build. I wonder if this is why the OTA seems to be delayed.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
On AU there's: 4g(max speed is 4g), 3G(Max Speed is 3G), 3G only and 4G Only.

On my 650, there's 3 opts: 3G + 4G only, 3G only, 4G only. On "3G + 4G only" there's a warning "You could be unable to connect to 2G areas when upper unable"

Well, picking 4g isnt supposed to use 4g and when not available turn to 3g? ive notice 3g having more signal rather 4g when in my areas has 4g. It should pick the best signal strength even if it 3g.

something similar happens with wifi. Im sitting next to modem and picks up the powerline signal in next room.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
MS is on old track ( pc prefer mobile later )always mobile late either windows 8,8.1 or windows 10 no matter.
Don't expect update for mobile on august 9 guys .
Expect update till end of year.

Of course MS is PC first, that's the bulk of its users!
Insiders already have the update, the rest will get it soon.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Check better

I had checked many times from 2nd Aug night till 3rd Aug afternoon (local time) but it wasn't there.I had received the Nov update after 2 days though last year got it on 29th July.
I updated last evening (3rd Aug) with 'Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant' . The process went smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb