What about AU for mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
re:

Hey, should I enroll to Insider preview? is it safe? I really want AU but don't want to wait so long

What do you think? is the insider fast ring stable enough? and how do I enroll? I don't see any option to do it.

Lumia 950 unlocked

KwisatzHaderach

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
re:

Download the insider app from the store and choose one of the three options:

Release preview ring (most stable)
Slow ring
Fast ring (rather unstable but bleeding edge features)

I myself downloaded the insider so yesterday. Still on the fence is I should jump to release preview... I like the new stuff, especially being able to use Ethernet with the phone since I do ask my media consumption via continuum. I just don't like the privacy terms for the insider program, pretty much a key logger they install with it...

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

Get the newest Insider Preview build and that's essentially AU. It's not buggy or unpolished. You can get it on both slow and fast ring, though after you get it you can switch to any other ring, even production if you want to get only stable updates after that.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

Rumors are swirling around an Aug 9 release, but take it with a grain of salt. We have been down that path before.

I'm just going to be patient and wait. It will happen when it happens. My phone works fine right now.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
re:

Going by history, if Aug 9th is the release date then Insiders should have it sometime this week and the probable version would be 14393.10.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

It was my understanding that Insiders already have it. I forget the exact build #, but that has been circulating for a couple weeks already.

BluWarrior

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
re:

So, is it safe if I enroll to slow ring to get AU? Any bugs I should be aware off?

Lumia 950 unlocked?

The Bluetooth quick toggle in action center doesn't work (it actually freezes up most phones) and edge apparently has some rendering or scaling issues but I haven't run into those. Although I would recommend release preview, release is basically the public release. You might get a last minute bug, but not as bad as slow, and release has anniversary/redstone on it right now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Guys... If you go Insider Slow, you will have no warning before experimental builds push to your Ring. None. Recall all the rhubarb when slow ring started unexpectedly getting Redstone 1 builds and many users just enrolled to get TH2 early?

This is exactly why Release Ring was established.

IF YOUR GOAL IS TO STAY ON REDSTONE 1 AND NOT GET EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS - Slow Ring is a blunder waiting to happen to you. Release Ring is the way to go.

What do you think? is the insider fast ring stable enough? and how do I enroll? I don't see any option to do it.

Upgraded with slow ring yesterday so far so good on my Lumia 550

So, is it safe if I enroll to slow ring to get AU?

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
re:

Guys... If you go Insider Slow, you will have no warning before experimental builds push to your Ring. None. Recall all the rhubarb when slow ring started unexpectedly getting Redstone 1 builds and many users just enrolled to get TH2 early?

IF YOUR GOAL IS TO STAY ON REDSTONE 1 AND NOT GET EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS - Slow Ring is a blunder waiting to happen to you. Release Ring is the way to go.

Ok. I think I will enroll to Release, but please, somebody tell me how is battery on 950? Any other bugs?

aussiejeza

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

I cant comment for the 950 but my Lumia 930 battery is better on the AU than before. The only gripe I have at the moment is my camera still triggers sometimes from the button when locked, even though I have disabled it in settings.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

You know, you can get AU from the fast/slow ring and after that change to release preview, and you won't be getting any RS2 builsd.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

You know, you can get AU from the fast/slow ring and after that change to release preview, and you won't be getting any RS2 builsd.

Absolutely, but people get excited - jam on the fast ring - play with AU and forget to shift gears. Then next thing you know they are exclaiming WTF as their phone updates on an overnight to the first experimental build of RS2. Then Microsoft is the bad guy.

:winktongue:

Gerade_Kurve

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
re:

Originally posted by pankaj981
Going by history, if Aug 9th is the release date then Insiders should have it sometime this week and the probable version would be 14393.10.
I hope it will be Aug 9th cause any date later than one week after PC would be against their one windows strategy. The current versions of the AU for mobile are stable enough to be rolled out to the public IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb