Mail app - how can I set up default account?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I got 2 email accounts (personal + business) set up in the Mail app. Now question is, how can I choose which one will display by default once I open the app?

It always starts on my personal which is the one with the MS email account connected to the phone, but since I do 90% of emails from business account, I'd like to see business Inbox as the default one. Any idea?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I got 2 email accounts (personal + business) set up in the Mail app. Now question is, how can I choose which one will display by default once I open the app?

It always starts on my personal which is the one with the MS email account connected to the phone, but since I do 90% of emails from business account, I'd like to see business Inbox as the default one. Any idea?

you can pin the individual accounts to start as a tile and then open the account using the tiles

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I know, but dont want to have 2 tiles for outlook on my Start. Especially the business account is Exchange, so the tile doesnt have Outlook Mail logo, but ugly Exchange logo.

What if I'd have 10 email accounts? Not sure, why we cant select which one will display as a default.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I know, but dont want to have 2 tiles for outlook on my Start. Especially the business account is Exchange, so the tile doesnt have Outlook Mail logo, but ugly Exchange logo.

What if I'd have 10 email accounts? Not sure, why we cant select which one will display as a default.

You can have the one tile only if you use that most of the time. Anything in settings that you can see about changing default? I don't have my phone with me so I can't test this for you, sorry

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, there is no such option in settings. What would be great addition, in Mail App\Account management, there is list of all your email accounts. Now, if you could simply move the preferred one to the very top, which would mean it is the one which displays by default, similar as it is eg in Keyboard settings, it would do the trick.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Apparently, there is no such option in settings. What would be great addition, in Mail App\Account management, there is list of all your email accounts. Now, if you could simply move the preferred one to the very top, which would mean it is the one which displays by default, similar as it is eg in Keyboard settings, it would do the trick.

upload feedback or upvote if it is there already in feedback hub :smile:

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for the same thing. Turns out if you have just two accounts the only and easiest way is to remove the top account and add it again. Et voila, you're good to go!

To be honest it is even faster than looking for ways how to drag the non default one to the top. After re-adding the account you want as secondary/non-default account it even keeps the settings you had set from when it was the default account

pteranodon

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for the same thing. Turns out if you have just two accounts the only and easiest way is to remove the top account and add it again. Et voila, you're good to go!

To be honest it is even faster than looking for ways how to drag the non default one to the top. After re-adding the account you want as secondary/non-default account it even keeps the settings you had set from when it was the default account
I can't remove the empty default account Outlook in Account management.

pteranodon

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
It must be a bug in the Mail app that you can't remove an account. And where did that extra Outlook top default account even come from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12