No background tasks on 14393.5

artsjedi

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to 14393.5 but all bg tasks (WhatsApp, Fb Messenger, Skype, etc.) stop working. I just turn off the screen or just press the home button and all tasks are interrupted.

I checked using a wifi or 4G network using whatsapp web. When the app is on foreground, all messages are received. If the app goes to background all the Whatsapp WebApp shows that "Your phone is not connected".

Same occurs with other tasks.

things I already tried.: soft reset, Turn off battery saver, turn of any mobile data saving, turn off "quiet hours". check if notifications are enabled, if background app is enabled. Everything is fine. but does not works.

Sometimes all notifications and background tasks are working good, but, sometines it simply doesnt works.!

please, i dont know what to do!

thanks

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I suffer this issue myself, but it only happens when I loose Wi-Fi connection. And some live tiles hang for ~10 hours before refreshing, if they refresh at all.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I see the same, my WiFi just dies, and then when I manually change radios, boom, everything updates at once.

Sometimes it's fine, I come back after a few hours, and my 4 background apps (email/calendar, phone, messaging, alarms/clock) are updated, if there was activity, but not with any consistency, it seems like maybe 30% of the time, if I had to guess.

Every time I've seen it though, my WiFi has gone off the deep-end, and needed a reset (change radios or another setting, such as random-hardware addresses) to get things going again.

Frustrating, it all seemed to be working so well, about 2 weeks back now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786