Windows 10 updates starting times

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Seeing Windows (and Windows Central, dare I add!) command worldwide audience, would it hurt if someone at Redmond or WC inform us better about starting times for downloads. Here we are awaiting W10 Anniversary and the only info is 09 August and no stating of the expected start time. If, for example, I'm in France I should know when to start checking for the downloads. Essentially, what I'm trying to say is if it is 09 August you ought to also add the TIME. Who presses the button to allow the flow of updates or is there a specific region that gets the updates first?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Seeing Windows (and Windows Central, dare I add!) command worldwide audience, would it hurt if someone at Redmond or WC inform us better about starting times for downloads. Here we are awaiting W10 Anniversary and the only info is 09 August and no stating of the expected start time. If, for example, I'm in France I should know when to start checking for the downloads. Essentially, what I'm trying to say is if it is 09 August you ought to also add the TIME. Who presses the button to allow the flow of updates or is there a specific region that gets the updates first?

The updates are rolled out after 9.Am in Redmond, WA ,and the current time there is 530 AM so you still got plenty of hours to go when before you see the update ;)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Seeing Windows (and Windows Central, dare I add!) command worldwide audience, would it hurt if someone at Redmond or WC inform us better about starting times for downloads.

Ever since the dawn of Windows Update, major releases have always been provided during business hours, Seattle time.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that this practice will continue.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's a good idea but as a general thumb rule, look for updates a day after the advertised date.

Generally updates have been released at 9am Pacific time so that would be 4pm in UTC (GMT) or 6PM in France

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It would be good that Windows Mobile news website (at least Windows Central, and Microsoft if they would) also mention time in GMT (or PST) about when they are hitting update button :smile:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice, but Windows Central has never been a site about speculation unless they have a high-quality source. So, if anything, just wait for when they do the story on when the update hits (and pay attention to the forums, too).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just follow Dona Sarkar on Twitter. I'm pretty sure she'll be the source of the update news or will re-tweet the news within a matter of minutes.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Then Windows Central front page will follow soon after.

And an explosion of posts on the forums.

Same as always happens.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like no Anniversary update today. Dona just tweeted "Not today as in Tuesday Aug 9th".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs