Tip of the day (You lot may have been using it for ages)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I am old school so I still have a thing about closing apps, so I long hold the back button and start clicking on little crosses.

Not any more I don't, just swipe them down and off they go.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that is convenient. For me, I get mixed up because I'm so used to swiping up (thanks iOS) and sideways (thanks Android). I swipe up until I realize that it doesn't work lol.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I am old school so I still have a thing about closing apps, so I long hold the back button and start clicking on little crosses.

Not any more I don't, just swipe them down and off they go.

Yep, I noticed I could do this after upgrading to W10M, NICE!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL I often get excited about finding new things and then quickly discover everyone already knew about it.

I think swipe away open apps in multitask hit with Denim(?) or maybe before(?).

I am old school so I still have a thing about closing apps

Uh yup, I have this compulsion as well.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
This feature is good if only they made the swipe down animation smoother or actually follows your swipe. Nowadays, I find I had to swipe an app (especially when the tab is on the top part) a few times before I could properly slide it all the way down to close. Sometimes the tab just slides a bit and returns back to it's position, which is quite annoying.

And yeah, this issue remains after 3 hard resets. Not sure if it's due to my screen or me not applying enough force when my fingers are in contact with the screen. :/

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that is convenient. For me, I get mixed up because I'm so used to swiping up (thanks iOS) and sideways (thanks Android). I swipe up until I realize that it doesn't work lol.

I have the opposite.. swiping down when using iOS, only to realize my mistake.....

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering if google owns a patent for the close all button because iOS doesn't have it either. Thank you for the tip, I didn't know :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's what I do, drag down the bottom of the apps in the task switcher as the screen on the 930 is a bit of stretch one handed.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Going slightly OT but it goes with egg on face...........

How many times have I given out the following advice to all my customers, family (Especially my wife), if your PC or other device with a chip in it is playing up, shut it down, leave it off for a few seconds, then restart.

So I upgraded my desktop PC to anniversary and the cumulative updates, but my mouse was on steroids especially the wheel, scrolling was a challenge, so I thought "I had better sort this out at some time", went through all the settings mouse scrolling set to 1 line at a time, shrugged shoulders and thought "Yes I will sort it out some time".

My PC is always on, never asleep, it had been restarted a few times but last night I actually turned it off and went to bed.

Now my mouse works perfectly :smile:

So TIP OF THE DAY. Don't panic, shut it down, have a cup of tea and restart, cures most stuff..............................

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if google owns a patent for the close all button because iOS doesn't have it either.

Close all is not native to Android. My Nexus devices do not have it. However, my wife's Samsung S6 Edge has it. I think it's an OEM thing.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My tip of the day, pertains to bluetooth... after restarting or booting from a cold boot shows no send to [enter Windows Phone Model here] via bluetooth in the right click context menu. Chances are the drivers need reinstalling again so relax it's not the phone but the driver issues in Windows 10 (as it occurs every time I cold boot or restart - every 2 to 3 days).

It's perplexing that this particular issue has gone through unscathed throughout the pre-release version and build updates. I haven't updated to AU yet as I'm waiting on a new USB to create a backup (as have corrupt sectors on my temp back up usb stick).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)