Tip of the day (You lot may have been using it for ages)

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
controversial tips of the day:
>delete all battery monitoring apps. you will sleep better
>use multitasking view only to switch apps. let the os manage unused apps
>wifi, bt, double tap to wake, glance uses so little battery you can keep them enabled all time
>keep connection on 3g. it will switch to 2g if you haven't got any 3g tower around. 3g will get better mobile internet speed. on some networks there could be even better call sound quality.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
>wifi, bt, double tap to wake, glance uses so little battery you can keep them enabled all time
>keep connection on 3g. it will switch to 2g if you haven't got any 3g tower around. 3g will get better mobile internet speed. on some networks there could be even better call sound quality.

I agree. I had become accustomed to needing to micromanage my devices. It started back when I got Android in its early days. It was necessary then, but it isn't necessary anymore. I carried it over to WP7, where it wasn't really necessary. In my opinion, WM has actually gone backwards in that respect. I found micromanaging much more necessary on W10M than on any version preceding it.

I sold my last WP device a couple months ago, but I still have a conglomeration of devices running Windows (desktop), OS X, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS. All the mobile devices are late model and up-to-date, and no micromanaging is necessary on any of them. They "just work" (well, 99.9% of the time; nothing is perfect!). It is usually better to just not worry about things like the ones listed above and let the devices take care of themselves.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Interesting tips. I only have a battery app because Microsoft had the brilliant idea of removing the percentage from battery saver when you pin the setting. I just like the percentage on my start screen.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Keep forgetting I can swipe left and right in Edge to go forward and back.

Tbh, I wish MS had given the option to disable this gesture. I find that, when reading articles on Edge and scrolling through the pages, Edge would accidentally interpret my swipe up gesture as a swipe right (given that when swiping up, I do it a bit diagonally with my right hand). So instead of reading the article smoothly, I'd be going back a page, then reload the article again, then scroll again to the part where I last read, hoping that while doing this it won't 'go back' again.

Annoying :(

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Another one I just found................

If on my 950XL you go into Skype or messaging and click to start a new message a microphone icon appears and you can dictate your message and it seems very accurate and I don't normally get on with speech stuff :smile:

Go on tell me it's been inbuilt since 3.1.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Another one I just found................

If on my 950XL you go into Skype or messaging and click to start a new message a microphone icon appears and you can dictate your message and it seems very accurate and I don't normally get on with speech stuff :smile:

Go on tell me it's been inbuilt since 3.1.

That's a old feature

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Win 10 Mobile Microsoft Calculator: Nice new feature

This morning I noticed that Calculator has been updated.
I never checked it so I don't know for sure whether it is this update but it's the first time I see lots of conversion opportunities between different units of measurement.

Grimwar

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
On a Lumia 640 Xl, using the Anniversary Update public release. No insiders installed.
Today I want to connect to a Razor Leviathan
This is a basic Sound bar with a wired base. It had great reviews back in 2015, but I would not buy it again.
It has no remote device and kind of old school to connect to.
If on Bluetooth I still have to use connect or Bluetooth to look for it.
Today when I turned on the Razor, I hit Cortana.
I said "connect to Bluetooth" and Cortana's response came from the Razor speakers.
Instant connect, :smile:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss