Lightning bolt and gear

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
My phone is not allowing me to do a hard reset via the settings menu, so I tried to hard reset via the key combination for a phone that is turned off. Perhaps I didn't do the key combination properly, but I was surprised to see a lightning bolt and gear graphic on my screen rather than the exclamation point I was expecting. Has anyone seen this before, and if so what mode of operation does this graphic represent?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is not allowing me to do a hard reset via the settings menu, so I tried to hard reset via the key combination for a phone that is turned off. Perhaps I didn't do the key combination properly, but I was surprised to see a lightning bolt and gear graphic on my screen rather than the exclamation point I was expecting. Has anyone seen this before, and if so what mode of operation does this graphic represent?

Definitely Flashing Mode.

Power off your phone. Press and hold Power. As soon as the phone vibrates, release Power and hold down Volume Up until you see the "Lightning Bolt and Gear" screen. Release Volume Up.

This is helpful when WDRT won't recognize your device.
Windows Device Recovery Tool Expanded... Covers More OEMs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750