How To Access Contacts+Messages Backup

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I am on the latest Insider Build 10.0.14393.67. Was playing around with the phone for about an year, so thought it might be time to reset the phone. Backed up my contacts and messages using the previously installed Contacts+Messages backup app on to my SD card, and reset the phone (did not restore from any backups). After resetting, I installed the Contacts+Messages Backup app, but it does not appear in the Settings anymore. Any idea how I can access that, so that I can restore my messages?

TIA

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Timbre

I kept on trying multiple apps and my SD card got corrupted. Rather than reinstall the apps, I thought it would be better to start with a fresh phone. There were many duplicated apps (an issue with the preview builds which I could never resolve successfully). So with the formatting of the card, I also reset the phone.

Anyways, even after not finding the app in the Extras section of settings, I rebooted the phone, found that the app popped up in the Extras settings and restored all my messages and contacts. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea