How to recover a deleted SMS / TXT conversation?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I am on a 950XL and the latest Windows 10 Redstone release. I accidently highlighted and deleted an important conversation from my Messages app (text / SMS messages) ...

It did not ask me if I was sure; just briefly at the bottom of the screen there was a red UNDO button. It crashed when I hit it and now that option is gone.

I have no idea how to undelete a text conversation. Never had to before. I am quite disturbed it needed almost no confirmation and I did it completely by accident....

I did turn off my backup immediately just in case they were still on the server. I would rather avoid a factory reset, and even if I need to do that I have no idea if it will work.

My question is, how the heck do you **EASILY** restore text messages in Windows 10 mobile? I know they are on OneDrive but I can never find them..

Anyone have any idea how to restore my deleted conversation? I really need to get it back.

Thanks in advance.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am on a 950XL and the latest Windows 10 Redstone release. I accidently highlighted and deleted an important conversation from my Messages app (text / SMS messages) ...

It did not ask me if I was sure; just briefly at the bottom of the screen there was a red UNDO button. It crashed when I hit it and now that option is gone.

I have no idea how to undelete a text conversation. Never had to before. I am quite disturbed it needed almost no confirmation and I did it completely by accident....

I did turn off my backup immediately just in case they were still on the server. I would rather avoid a factory reset, and even if I need to do that I have no idea if it will work.

My question is, how the heck do you **EASILY** restore text messages in Windows 10 mobile? I know they are on OneDrive but I can never find them..

Anyone have any idea how to restore my deleted conversation? I really need to get it back.

Thanks in advance.

Try Windows Phone Message Backup app on pc. It downlaods all your backupped sms via OneDrive in a XL / TXT file

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750