Cam MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint run on Windows Mobile Devices ?

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Does Windows Mobile, let you run MS Word, Excel. and Powerpoint ? Or some reduced version of those softwares? Wondering if these devices can replace a PC for travel. Thanks !

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes but they are "Mobile" versions.

However if you have one of the latest phones with Continuum, when you use this via a dock or screen projection they turn into the full version:

With one caveat that I think you need an Office 365 subscription, but this is well worth having especially if you go for the "Family" sub as this allows up to five people (or PC's) to install the full Office suite and each person gets 1 terabyte of OneDrive space plus some other extras.

I have a 950XL and Continuum is the best thing since sliced bread or Office 365

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes but I am sure I read that to use it with Continuum you needed 365.

And it was in that regard that I was on about.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fen-us%2Fwindows%2FContinuum&token=wHh8WKVz

Have a look at note 2 it says 365 subscription needed for some Office features.

So to the OP, yes you can use the mobile apps to create/edit Word and Excel docs, but if you are serious about using a phone to replace a laptop, I would look at Continuum with a 365 account, a small Bluetooth keyboard and mouse set, a docking station, then all you need is an HDMI screen or one with Miracast and you have an almost full blown PC in your pocket experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99